PDA

View Full Version : Bogner Amps

andersonguy
02-18-2004, 11:01 PM
Anybody else a HUGE Bogner fan. (Brian chime in here)
I am running through a Bogner Shiva and it sounds great. I cant say enough about the clean channel on this thing. Im running a Shiva combo with a 1 x12 but have ordered a Shiva head and 2 1x12 bogner cubes for a little better spread. Will report when I have the newer setup.

AG

pluto
02-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Count me in! I own an Uberschall, a 2x12 oversized cab, a 1x12 cube, used to own a Shiva and a 4x12 Uberkab (I sold it when my wife said, "Do you really need a cab that big??") and have came close to buying an older 101B XTC and an even older 100B. The 100B is awesome, I really want to hear what the Classic sounds like since they are supposed to be similar. I love the low mid voicing of Bogners-it's so unique. Great amps, that's all I can say.

sylvanshine
02-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Cobra into a Bogner is hard to beat. For gigs I run an Ecstasy into a Dr Z Best 2x12. His cab matches the head dimensions perfectly and are hella easier to carry around. At home I run a 1x12 Shiva with el34s. Have a Bogner 4x12 and a Cube around as well.

I know Brian is running his #1 Drop Top T into two Opals with Bogner 4x12s wired at 4ohms for his Queen tribute band. Word is some special 6L6 Shivas are on their way.

pluto
02-19-2004, 06:13 PM
You're right Jay-there is something magical about a cobra or cobra s going through a Bogner. It's like the two were made for each other.

andersonguy
02-20-2004, 11:00 AM
How do you guys like your cubes? Do you have the Vintage 30's in them?
Also whats this about a new 6l6 shiva? Gotta know as I have a head on order. Must be about that time for my daily Brian call.;)

AG

pluto
02-20-2004, 12:08 PM
andersonguy, the cube is a pretty cool 1x12. I've owned one for the last two or three years. I used to have a vintage 30 in it, but now it has a classic 80. I personally think the vintage 30 sounds better through it, but the classic is nice sounding too and can handle more power. It doesn't sound like a 2x12 or 4x12 though-it sounds like a great 1x12. I think Bogner says that when it's mic'ed, it supposedly sounds like a 4x12. As for the new 6L6 shiva, I don't know. Jay, what's that about?

sylvanshine
02-20-2004, 12:34 PM
I didn't like my Shiva much until I took out the CL80 and put in a V30. (I know, 80 watt amp, 30 watt speaker...I don't care). That's what is in my cube as well but I run that with a Route 66. I just like the way they break up. CL80 is all power, no grit IMO.

I learned a long time ago that on stage, no matter what size cabinet you use, it's still just a Shure SM57 into a 12" speaker the audience hears. So why lug around a big dingus extension 4X12?

In terms of the Shivas coming to Brian, I probably gave the impression that there is something unique. Not true. As I understand it they are just regular 6L6s. And for those with orders, Brian always takes care of customers first.

andersonguy
02-20-2004, 03:31 PM
I have to say, Although there are many great music gear dealers out there, I have never experienced anybody quite like Brian. He always goes the extra mile. Like having a great friend in the business.
Im thinking about a stereo setup with 2 shiva heads and 2 cubes (or something like it) Anybody have any thoughts on this setup. Im wondering if I should try a different head for one side.:D

?????????

AG

Scott Peterson
02-20-2004, 04:39 PM
I have been a Bogner man for the last 2-1/2 years.

I have a Shiva EL34 reverb head, Bogner big 212 and a straight Bogner 412.

Hundreds of shows, rehersals and tons of recording time - the Bogner is *my* amp.

I had a Bogner Ecstasy Classic head for 4 months; loved it but spent my time trying to dial it in to sound like the Shiva... so I went back to the Shiva. It is *my* destination amp.

andersonguy
02-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Hi Scott, Very cool to have a country band and a funk band. I envy you for that. My new hollow T has the most beautiful twang and am now looking to join a country/rock band, while my DTC is all around great for all styles, Cobra also versatile with more possibilities for harder edge stuff. unfortunately there isnt a great music scene here. All sound great through the shiva!!
Funny, You have all that awesome gear and only one Anderson?:rolleyes:

Scott Peterson
02-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by andersonguy
Hi Scott, Very cool to have a country band and a funk band. I envy you for that. My new hollow T has the most beautiful twang and am now looking to join a country/rock band, while my DTC is all around great for all styles, Cobra also versatile with more possibilities for harder edge stuff. unfortunately there isnt a great music scene here. All sound great through the shiva!!
Funny, You have all that awesome gear and only one Anderson?:rolleyes:

But the Anderson is my #1 guitar. :D

wodka
03-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Could someone recommend a dealer? I'm looking for a Metro 2x10 w/reverb. You can PM me if you don't want to mention which dealers you favor. Thanks

andersonguy
04-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Got my first cube with the v30. Wow, this thing sounds fantastic! I like it a lot better than the 80 in my combo but the combo running with the cube is pretty sweet. One more cube, just one more cube.....

Is it bad to run the Shiva into the 1x12 cube by itself?

:D

AG