PDA

View Full Version : Hi from England

uxter
04-18-2007, 06:13 AM
Dont what I am doing here, I am a singer and dont even own a TA.....yet, actually thats a lie, I had one but sent it back just yesterday. The story is that I found a used one in a store, fell in love, it was a Alder hollow classic, trans red black burst, RW board, HSS, switcheroo, but in between selling the Fender Strat+, Explorer and a few other less valuable axes they went and sold it!
Went to Coda music in Stevenage, fantastic service by the way, couldnt be more helpful, tried almost everything they had in the shop and settled on a 2000 maple basswood drop top, but when I got it home it was just far to bright, I dont know what happened in thos 225 miles that changed the character, maybe it was the new strings they put on it but it was just to toppy for me, even tho it played like a dream. So its gone back, Coda where more than understanding, it seems that I will either have to wait or save some more pennies and get Tom to make me one!

As for the music career, yep I sing in a band, dont play guitar, I arent good enough, but I am at that place in life (y'know a certain age) where I just want the one guitar, mainly for home stuff, fun, recording etc and who knows what in the future!

One things for certain, its going to be a TA, dont know whether its a hollow classis or a hollow T, I really fancy a Hollow T, with a Floyd, 1 big humbucker and two M series, desert burst, r/w neck, pearl scratchplate.

I will be asking many tone related questions over the next few days so I hope to be able to benefit from the masses of knowledge on here.

Cheers

Alan

Pietro
04-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Alan,

Welcome,

You'll get some GREAT advice here!

guitarzan
04-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Welcome, Alan. There's a lot of nice folks around here, so ask as many questions as you need!

tmihm
04-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Nice to have you with us, Alan. You can get pretty much any TA question answered here, so yuo're definitely in the right place.

Welcome!

Terry

uxter
04-18-2007, 01:10 PM
thanks for the welcome guys

dave
04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
howdy! did you check out the atom too?

marsodude
04-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the Forum Alan!