PDA

View Full Version : holiday periods in USA ?

replayboy
04-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi Folks,
Can you tell me please if Easter holiday time which is now in the UK. Is happening in the USA ie today Mon 9th is a bank holiday in the UK so most people are off work ??:confused:

Suriel Zayas
04-08-2007, 07:23 PM
business as usual on monday.

Stys
04-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Chrysler gives us Good Friday off and the Monday after Easter off. Following Easter, most Michigan schools are closed for the week. This is why you may see so many Michigan drivers travdeling North on I-75, I-65 and I-95 this weekend.

Barry
04-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi Folks,
Can you tell me please if Easter holiday time which is now in the UK. Is happening in the USA ie today Mon 9th is a bank holiday in the UK so most people are off work ??:confused:
No bank holiday Mondays in the USA . English are afforded more holidays in general than Americans . Im not really speaking about official holidays as much as holidays (vacation here in the US:) ) given my their respective employers . My mother is from Berkshire so I know a bit about the differences between the two . I think the American work ethic is drilled into us from an early age . Having said that i think the English take time to have extended holidays and enjoy the time off more than us . I personally think you have it right . What the heck are we working for anyhow ? Got to enjoy it sometime ! Just an observation .