PDA

View Full Version : PowerBridge + Wireless System?

Johnny Cobra
02-14-2004, 01:29 AM
Does anyone know you would be able to use a wireless system on a guitar with a Fishman power bridge? As i understand when using a powerbridge + powerblend you need a STEREO cable running from your guitar (equiped with the powerbridge) into the powerblend, but if your using a wireless Guitar system with a MONO plug then does this short the piezo operation?

Does anyone use a wireless systme with the powerbridge? If so, what do you recommend?

Hope to hear some responses

Peace!

jimmieb
02-14-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Cobra
Does anyone know you would be able to use a wireless system on a guitar with a Fishman power bridge? As i understand when using a powerbridge + powerblend you need a STEREO cable running from your guitar (equiped with the powerbridge) into the powerblend, but if your using a wireless Guitar system with a MONO plug then does this short the piezo operation?

Does anyone use a wireless systme with the powerbridge? If so, what do you recommend?

Hope to hear some responses

Peace!

Johnny,

First of all, very cool user name... Sounds like a great name for a Rock-a-billy band. All the girls would sing in unison, " oh wow it's Johnny Cobra. Then they swoon and pass out.
Back to reality, You will need two separate wireless systems. Use a ring, tip, sleeve, stereo phone plug that splits into two mono 1/4" plugs. Then plug those into two separate wireless systems respectively. One caution get two frequencies that are far apart from each other, so they don't walk on the other. Probably going wireless in this manner will be to expensive seeing as you'll want a excellent wireless system to run your amazing Anderson tone through. For my money, there is nothing better than plugging straight into your amp with nothing in the signal path to degradate the signal.

Jimmie B

GASMAN
02-14-2004, 05:07 PM
I've wondered the same thing. If my thinking is correct--------you would have to have one stereo plug coming out of the guitar, Y-ing off to two separate transmitters ( yes , you'd have to wear two transmitters) sending off to two separate recievers. It would be much easier to do with the Baggs system that TA used to use because of the two input jacks on the guitar. You' d still have to have two wireless units. I'm just sticking with the cord into the Powerblend pedal.

jimmieb
02-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Johnny,

You wouldn't short out the piezo, you will not even make contact
wthout the cable to spilt the signals into electric and piezo.

Jimmie B