PDA

View Full Version : Avalon U-5

jimmieb
03-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Has Anyone used an Avalon U-5 Direct box in conjunction with a Crowdster. I picked one up on EBay and with my Martin/I-Beam combo it is amazing sounding. I can only image the tone with no feedback issues with a Crowdy.

I am also considering getting a Neumann KMS 105MT condenser vocal mic. Worth the money or overkill?

Jimmie B

tom
03-30-2007, 10:28 AM
a friend has the avalon, said it made a difference with his two acoustics but didn't hear an improvemnet with the crowdster.

jimmieb
03-30-2007, 10:48 AM
a friend has the avalon, said it made a difference with his two acoustics but didn't hear an improvemnet with the crowdster.

That is very interesting, the Crowdy pre-amp must really be something to be on par with the Avalon. Actually, I still remember hearing the Crowdster for the first time at the DC*B concert in Azusa Pacific. That was amazing tone and LOUD! I have to get one... saving my dollars.

Jimmie B

tom
03-30-2007, 11:41 AM
the pre amp is a descrete class a deal in the crowdster, but i'm not saying it's better or worse than others, just that my friend didn't see the benefit in the expensive di for it.
i still feel like the crowdster is just idiot proof for live stuff.