PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Gothenburg, Sweden

toto99
03-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Hi,
just a small introduction.

My name is Peter, 41 years, married, 2 sons.

I got my first Anderson yesterday, bought a used one here in Gothenburg.
This guitar is a real player, it has some dings and rusty screws but overall
it's a killer.

Some details from Anderson guitars:
Model - Drop Top
Body Finish - Honey Burst with Binding
Body Wood - Figured Maple Top on Basswood
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Pau Ferro Fretboard
Neck Finish - Matching Headstock, Satin Back
Nutwidth - -
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape -
Hardware - Gold
Bridge - Sunken Kahler Steeler
Pickguard -
Pickups - SK1R SK1 H2+
Switching - Series/Parallel
Strings - -
Comments -
http://beggat.com/planket/Nut/anderson6.jpg
http://beggat.com/planket/Nut/anderson3.jpg
http://beggat.com/planket/Nut/anderson2.jpg

Casper
03-06-2007, 06:51 AM
Welcome to Andy Land, 99! Love your screen name and I am a HUGE Toto fan!!
Got to meet Luke and the boys this past summer on Falling in Between tour.
My first Anderson guitar was very similar to yours, you will love it.
Welcome once again..
Shaun

toto99
03-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Welcome to Andy Land, 99! Love your screen name and I am a HUGE Toto fan!!
Got to meet Luke and the boys this past summer on Falling in Between tour.
My first Anderson guitar was very similar to yours, you will love it.
Welcome once again..
Shaun

Thank's mate,
same here, I'm a big fan of Luke, have been that since -78 Hold the line "era"

maybe I shouldn't mention this :o but I have 2 valley Arts Custom pro's and one Musicman Luke...hm also a Brian Moore IS2000F
Have always wanted a Anderson and this one I bought gave me GAS, but it took me 4 weeks before bought it.

Later//Peter

Casper
03-06-2007, 07:31 AM
I have been wondering alot lately about the Music Man Luke? How does that thing stay in tune like that with just a regular trem? Do you like the neck and pickups? Steve abuses that trem! I'd love to play one once just to see what its like in "Luke Land"
He says it just stays in tune...didn't really explain the concept. He was just super to me and has always been one of my heroes..huge thrill meeting the band..
I noticed the SIT flag, do you use them? I used to play their strings exclusively and truthfully miss them. D'addarios are hit and miss for me lately. I bet the valley arts axes are nice too, post some pics of your other axes sometime...
Later
Shaun

toto99
03-06-2007, 07:46 AM
I have been wondering alot lately about the Music Man Luke? How does that thing stay in tune like that with just a regular trem? Do you like the neck and pickups? Steve abuses that trem! I'd love to play one once just to see what its like in "Luke Land"
He says it just stays in tune...didn't really explain the concept. He was just super to me and has always been one of my heroes..huge thrill meeting the band..
I noticed the SIT flag, do you use them? I used to play their strings exclusively and truthfully miss them. D'addarios are hit and miss for me lately. I bet the valley arts axes are nice too, post some pics of your other axes sometime...
Later
Shaun
Hi,
I think I saw some notes from someone within this forum asking about Luke.

To be honest, my Luke is my main guitar at the moment, the neck is V-shaped
and Luke has small hand I can tell you:p anyway, the tremolo is working great, it's the same tremolo used on the Silhouette series.
The trick is that on the Silhouette the tremolo is flat on to the body, not so one the Luke, the springs are losen so you can use it like a Floyd, you know "backwards"
Then off-course the shaller locking tuners help a lot.

S.I.T strings, yes I have used them since -93, I got sponsored by the swedish top dealer and I really love them, love the tone and the feeling.
Some strings can be really hard to bend but not S.I.T they keep their smothness until they break so I'm really satisfied with them.

okay, a pic of my other guitars.
I have sold 2 of them, guess wich;)

http://web.telia.com/~u31704277/images/2006_09_10/100_0002.jpg