PDA

View Full Version : Where to start...

chadmj
02-26-2007, 11:45 PM
My current amp (Fender HR Deluxe) :mad: is crashing fast. I got it repared and it still has issues. I do like the tone I get from it and like the 40 watt feel.

I've always wanted to hear /13 combos but being in the middle of Indiana we really don't have those readily available to hear. Their website use to have the combo version of the SJT???? ...it's been a long time but I think it was a 35 or 40 watt amp??? Looks like they are not being made anymore?

Are Gabriel amps worth the money? Bascially I feel as if I'm starting from scratch in looking and would like to fall into the $1000 range. ...Takes /13 and Gabriel out of the mix though :(

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Chad

Ray K.
02-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Are Gabriel amps worth the money? Bascially I feel as if I'm starting from scratch in looking and would like to fall into the $1000 range. ...Takes /13 and Gabriel out of the mix though :(

Chad,

Have you looked at Dr. Z amps? If you're wanting a "high end" quality amp, you should be able to get one of these used for about $1200. New, closer to $1400. Of course, depending on what model you want.

Btw, I was going to go with /13, but the nearest dealer to me is 2 1/2 hours drive from me. I've been there once, but it was for guitar shopping not amp shopping that day. Besides, I already have my Dr. Z and am completely happy with it.

Good luck,
Ray K.