PDA

View Full Version : hi from the Connecticut shore

geoangus
02-26-2007, 04:49 PM
New to the board, as well as Tom Anderson guitars, actually saw my first one just over a year ago. I’ve been playing for 30 years, but I haven’t really played or even jammed over the past 8 years. I bought what I hope is my last guitar – used Hollow Classic, swamp ash top on swamp ash body, rosewood over maple neck, with SA1 SA1R and SA2+. I’m more than a little anxious to hear it through my Boogie Mk III blue stripe, particularly after reading on another custom builder’s site that the ash & rosewood combo might have too much “sizzle” for most players. Not sure exactly what that is supposed to mean, but I trust that Tom and crew would have tempered the brightness of the woods with the pickup selection. I’m hopefully picking up the guitar this weekend, and I hope to post a picture then. I HATE WAITING!!!

tom
02-28-2007, 04:33 PM
brightness is so relative to the rest of the chain and what you like. some htc's are on the bright side for me, but a little twist of the treble control usually makes things just right. don't be affraid to turn knobs.