PDA

View Full Version : Hello from West Texas!

deltone
02-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey y'all! New TAG forum member here, but certainly not new to Anderson guitars. I have a HDTC in bora bora blue. It's absolutely one of the purtiest geetars I've ever seen, if not THE purtiest. It was born on 9-19-94p. I'm the second owner, and I bought it a few years ago from an Illinois feller. Since I've owned it I've played it regularly as my #1 guitar on at least an average of 1 gig/week plus rehearsal(s) so it's obviously seen a lot of playing. And it's still as sweet lookin' and playin' as the day I got it. I do take good care of my equipment, but I don't baby it. I bought it to play, and not as a trophy to take out and look at and strum occasionally. It came to me with a few blemishes and I've added a few myself (but in no way is it trashed--still looks pretty much like it just came from the factory).

My regular gig is Sunday morning worship at church (www.missionabilene.com) with some brothers that I've been playing with for about 10 years. A lot of folks call it "rocknroll church." We use the songs I assume most everyone else is using in addition to some original stuff. I've also played for retreats, gatherings, a festival or two, other various gigs and worship events, and an occasional studio invite, plus in a Christian rock band doing mainly originals. Prior to worship leading, I played in classic rock bands (though it wasn't classic rock then) and a country band at one point. Yeah, I 'm an old bald guy but still have a burning passion for playing music daily, and for one day livin' the dream (oh c'mon, Abraham and Sarah were around 80 when they started their family) :).

I own a number of amps (some old Fender/Marshall/Peavey) of which my favorite is my Dr Z (www.drzamps.com). My TAG is the only guitar I care to talk about--have never lusted enough for another since getting mine, though there are others I think would be novel to have. Plus I have many pedals and cabinets as well as a Roland digital box (VG-8).

Well, enough stupid stuff about me. Thanks in advance for putting up with me. I look forward to gaining insight and enjoyment from you fellow TAG owners, TAG admirers, and of course the builders and Mr. Tom himself.

peace<><
david

kiko
02-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey y'all! New TAG forum member here, but certainly not new to Anderson guitars. I have a HDTC in bora bora blue. It's absolutely one of the purtiest geetars I've ever seen, if not THE purtiest. It was born on 9-19-94p. I'm the second owner, and I bought it a few years ago from an Illinois feller. Since I've owned it I've played it regularly as my #1 guitar on at least an average of 1 gig/week plus rehearsal(s) so it's obviously seen a lot of playing. And it's still as sweet lookin' and playin' as the day I got it. I do take good care of my equipment, but I don't baby it. I bought it to play, and not as a trophy to take out and look at and strum occasionally. It came to me with a few blemishes and I've added a few myself (but in no way is it trashed--still looks pretty much like it just came from the factory).

My regular gig is Sunday morning worship at church (www.missionabilene.com) with some brothers that I've been playing with for about 10 years. A lot of folks call it "rocknroll church." We use the songs I assume most everyone else is using in addition to some original stuff. I've also played for retreats, gatherings, a festival or two, other various gigs and worship events, and an occasional studio invite, plus in a Christian rock band doing mainly originals. Prior to worship leading, I played in classic rock bands (though it wasn't classic rock then) and a country band at one point. Yeah, I 'm an old bald guy but still have a burning passion for playing music daily, and for one day livin' the dream (oh c'mon, Abraham and Sarah were around 80 when they started their family) :).

I own a number of amps (some old Fender/Marshall/Peavey) of which my favorite is my Dr Z (www.drzamps.com). My TAG is the only guitar I care to talk about--have never lusted enough for another since getting mine, though there are others I think would be novel to have. Plus I have many pedals and cabinets as well as a Roland digital box (VG-8).

Well, enough stupid stuff about me. Thanks in advance for putting up with me. I look forward to gaining insight and enjoyment from you fellow TAG owners, TAG admirers, and of course the builders and Mr. Tom himself.

peace<><
david

Welcome bro and enjoy

deltone
02-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks, Kiko!

MojoRojo
02-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Welcome .....which Dr Z (s) to you use?

marsodude
02-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the forum dude!

We do the rocknroll thing too! AWESOME!

dave
02-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Howdy and 'gruss Gott' aus Deutschland!

Mott
02-26-2007, 04:05 PM

peace<><
david

Welcome. Congrats on the TAG.

Former Abilenian here from '76 to '81.

deltone
03-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Welcome .....which Dr Z (s) to you use?

Hey MojoRojo! Thanks for the welcome. I currently have a Maz 18 Jr NR head that I run through a Dr Z Zbest cab (2x12), and I'm saving up for a Carmen Ghia as well. Killer amps. If you haven't played through one you really need to do yourself a favor and hunt one up somewhere and check it out.

deltone
03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the forum dude!

We do the rocknroll thing too! AWESOME!

Cool, Marsodude! I bet that Crowdster is awesome in that setting.

deltone
03-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Howdy and 'gruss Gott' aus Deutschland!

Dave, howdy back at ya! And...huh?

deltone
03-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Welcome. Congrats on the TAG.

Former Abilenian here from '76 to '81.

Hey Mott! Wow, it's a small world, eh? Just guessin', but were you in college here in '76 to '81, or maybe stationed here at Dyess AFB? I was here then as well. That's crazy man.

dave
03-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Dave, howdy back at ya! And...huh?
local for "howdy!"

Mott
03-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Hey Mott! Wow, it's a small world, eh? Just guessin', but were you in college here in '76 to '81, or maybe stationed here at Dyess AFB? I was here then as well. That's crazy man.

ACU. I worked at both Zebra Records & managed Record Town out in the malls too, so you may have seen me at one of those if you ever bought records back then. Or, I was a nightly fixture at The Upstairs Club. :D

deltone
03-06-2007, 11:54 PM
ACU. I worked at both Zebra Records & managed Record Town out in the malls too, so you may have seen me at one of those if you ever bought records back then. Or, I was a nightly fixture at The Upstairs Club. :D

Amazing...I may know you then. My home away from home back then was also the Upstairs Club ("Never been any reason...for me to think about you" seemed like the theme song). And I bought a lot of records at Zebra and Record Town. Still have all my vinyl, too. I remember when the ACU basketball team got in trouble for having that big poster of them on the wall (Upstairs Club), and remember that ACU administrators would cruise the parking lot to catch students going to the club. That's my home town--graduated from CHS in '77 and then a degree from HSU. I had a few friends over at ACU.

Pietro
03-07-2007, 07:52 AM
This whole small world thing is freakin' me out!

tmihm
03-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Welcome aboard, David! Nice to have you here.

Terry