PDA

View Full Version : Taylor T5

crowdedmouth
02-21-2007, 07:20 PM
HI,
Has anyone compared the Taylor T5 to the Crowdster Plus? It appears to have a very similar appeal as the Crowdster Plus, is getting alot of press and looks and sounds like a sweet guitar. But as I have never played a Crowdster Plus I would be keen to heard from anyone who has played both and could give a comparison of differences.

Thanks
Tarun

Pietro
02-23-2007, 09:39 AM
I played the T5, I couldn't like it as hard as I tried. My big gripe is, because of its design, you can't do a separate acoustic sound and electric sound at the same time.

Deal-breaker. Pity, it would have saved me a lot of dough. It played nice, looked great, some of the sounds were okay. It's built about as well as the Crowdster, maybe not QUITE as good...

I ordered a Crowdster Plus without EVER having played it, and LOVED it, as you know, since we've talked about it. The T5 has more sounds, the C+ sounds WAY better. I know someone who got one and likes it. But it took him weeks to get both the acoustic side and electric side sounding like something through his rig. The C+ took me MINUTES, not hours or days. I still tweak (don't we all) but it was all but plug and play!

Check out this thread.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=211692

crowdedmouth
02-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Hi Pietro,
Thanks for the review. That thread is pretty scathing on the T5. I don't doubt the CP is a nice guitar but the big plus for me is I can get in and play a T5 in Australia before I shell out AU$5000 but I can't play a Crowdster + before I buy. I've speant a bit of time on the Taylor website and really dig the sounds they were getting out of the T5.

If it's not asking too much do you have any recordings of your Crowdster Plus that I could listen to?

TOM: Would it be very hard (or even possible ) to add a neck PU to the Crowdster Plus? I really dig clean neck PU sounds and think it would really add somthing to the already versitile CP...

Johnny Raz
02-28-2007, 09:23 AM
I just bought a C+ and in the past, I have played both the T5 and the C+

I also own a Taylor 810 acoustic that I love, and I was excited about the T5, but when I tried it, I felt no love. It doesn't do either the acoustic or the electric side very well. The C+ does both very well!

Comparing the T5 to the C+ is like comparing a Chevy Impala to a Chevy Corvette......

+1 on the Neck pickup -- I'd gladly get my C+ retrofitted to get a neck pickup.

Pietro
03-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Johnny,

More like comparing a Chevelle to a Mercedes S-class imho.

Tarun,

No, I have no recordings of that guitar yet. WAY too busy just keeping up with weekend worship services. I hope to record a CD of worship songs this year, it will probably be used quite a bit, since with mic modeling I really like the direct sound from the pickup, in a band context, better than a mic-ed acoustic guitar.

crowdedmouth
03-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys...I'm starting to get the impression that the T5 won't live up to my expectations...HOpfully Tom can come to the party with a neck pickup version and then I know I'd be in hybrid heaven!!

NP Pietro, I know how busy life can get...If anyone else has an recordings (even just some basic demoing of the C+ without any other instrumaents ) that they could share with me, I would be most greatful.....

Pietro
03-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Tom told me or someone at one point not to hold our breath waiting for a two-pickup C+. But... If he does decide to make one... it might end up being my second TA at some point... hint hint hint...

crowdedmouth
03-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Spoke to Roy on Friday and he said there is no way I can get a C+ with a neck pickup...shame... I still will wait in hope though...more hints Tom!!