PDA

View Full Version : Peterson VSII Tuner works with BF neck

Paychek
08-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Have any of you tried the new Peterson Strobe that uses the Buzz Feiten Offsets to tune even more accurate than the Korg DT-7. Here is the url for the VSII, even compares the accuracy of the DT-7 verses the VSII. Big difference in accuracy. The VSII is priced at $199 at musicians friend. More $, but just might be a good investment for me. The more accurate you start in tune, any drift after tuning with the VSII can leave you around the accuracy of the DT-7. Sounds good in theory!
Mikey

John Price
08-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Mikey!
I just ordered the VS-II so I can't answer that question yet! But I do have the VS-I and will say it's worth every penny! So I'm shure this will be a great tuner to have.......

Stan Malinowski
08-24-2003, 08:17 AM
I have the VS-1. Any upgrades available from Peterson?

John Price
08-24-2003, 09:58 AM
I don't know if there will be any upgrade on the VS-1, That's why I ordered the VS-II;)

elambo
08-24-2003, 11:37 PM
The VS-II is one of my favorite guitar upgrades ever. Whenever I say this I'm accused of being overly dramatic, that is until that same person plays a guitar tuned by the Peterson. It makes me sound like a better guitar player and I'm in tune anywhere up and down the neck. Imagine that.

From what I can tell the major differences between the VS-I and VS-II are cosmetic, not functional, so either one should work great.

Highly recommended!

Stan Malinowski
08-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Looks like the VS-I is not upgradeable:mad:

I'll have to think about selling my old VS-I to someone without a BF system and pickup a VS-II

John Price
08-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Stan!
That's what I'm doing! I have my VS-1 on eBay if anyone is interested! :D

John Price
08-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Here are the offsets to use if your tuning your Anderson with the Peterson tuner!
Or if you have a guitar with the Buzz Feiten Tuning System!
The 12th Fret settings are for intonation.

____BFTS_______Electric Guitar
________(Preferred Embodiment)
Note______Open (Cents)________12th Fret
E____________00___________________00
B___________+01___________________00
G___________-02__________________+01
D___________-02__________________+01
A___________-02___________________00
E___________-02___________________00

_______BFTS____Electric Guitar
________(Alternate Embodiment)
Note_____Open (Cents)_________12th Fret