PDA

View Full Version : My Hollow T is making noise

FFOGG
01-26-2007, 09:32 PM
My guitar seems to be setting off intermittant noise whenI playing it .It is clearly noise that is apparent through a cllean chanel ...but it doesn't mke any noise when I jiggle the cord or play w/ the tone or volume controls ..could dust have gooten onto the p/u 's ??

enr1co
01-27-2007, 02:08 AM
I was experiencing some crackly noise from my Classic T while picking at it- turned out to be caused the static as my fingers/hand brushed against the pickguard. Talked to Dave at the factory and he mentioned that this
can happen during the drier winter months?

tom
01-27-2007, 06:39 AM
the first question is what kind of noise? static, scratchyness, low hum? dust would not be a problem. is the guitar plugged staright into the amp or is there other stuff in the line? if there's other stuff, remove it to help narrow down the problem. can you make it happen by touching, moving, wiggling any of the parts? lemme know.

FFOGG
01-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Scratchiness ..directly into the amp but much more noticeable going through a pedal ...started on and off about 4 months ago ..sounded like a bad cable at first

FFOGG
01-27-2007, 08:17 AM
I will plug it later today and do a full check of it including toucg the pickguard

ckofahl
01-27-2007, 08:50 AM
I had the same thing happen, called Tom and he suggested taking a sheet of static guard and rubbing the pick guard and neck with it. Problem solved for me. My fingers when struming the guitar would create static and it sounded like a bad cable connection.

FFOGG
01-27-2007, 05:11 PM
That's exactly whats going w/ ...

FFOGG
01-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Mr. A ????????

tom
01-31-2007, 11:27 AM
what's the question? or should i say questions? if it is static, the above post speaks to that. i don't know what w/ ... means.