PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in some NAMM 2007 pix? ;P

michaelomiya
01-21-2007, 01:19 AM
Day 2 shots from the NAMM 2007 show. Everyone's in great spirits! The supreme commander, Ms. Berg, and Senior Fought. I missed Jessie today, who was rumoured to be making an appearance. (Hey Jessie!:p). Met up w/ Glen and several other forum brothers (in arms), and as expected, everyone was friendly and absolutely wonderful. What a great forum this is. One of my personal highlights was meeting up with Mr. Jack Gretz at the PRS booth. Jack looked in great condition, and I thanked him for bringing some below freezing weather to CA earlier this week!!:D :cool: (Hey Jack!!)

Some really cool finds:

1. Taylor CS5 - 24.75" neck scale, classical style tuning pegs, mahogany back and neck, AND designed by our own Brian Swerdfeger (aka Tonelounge). Great job Brian!!!

2. Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 and JVM - anyone who's a fan of the old school JCM800's has gotta check out the new 2466. kt66's in the power section (thinking Beano here) and PCB (w/o chips) and HUGE OT and PT's from the Hendrix amps. Dagnalls doing their best Drake impressions and really heavy (not like those JCM2000 trannies). The JVM is replacing the TSL with 4 channels, midi and 28 different, ripping Marshall configurations. Stunning. (the Kerry King signature (based on his '86 2203) was devastating as well, and includes a "assault" knob (frequency control))

3. Nik Huber Guitars - nothing new to those "in the know" but a great guy and incredibly toneful axes. My favorite quote after picking up a mahogany Dolphin, "Gibson's been lying to us for years. Why do you think all of the short scale mahogany guitars are under 7 lbs? Knowledgable luthiers know!";) Right on Nik!! (BTW, my Atom weighs 6.4 lbs)

4. PRS Amps - thinking Bubinga, ala Mesa Boogie, or opt to have the amp's shell match my next Private Stock order (j/k roy!!:D) Seriously though, if I was a PRS guy, THAT would be incredible. Singing tone.

5. White Diezel Herbert. PERIOD. ROCK ON!!

6. D'Pergo - nice stuff. The rumours are true, they sound great.;) 600 year old maple is really stable. Machining your own springs and screws, I'm not so sure about....but then again, I never claimed to have ears as good as Tom or Roy!!

7. Melancon - Gerarrd's marketing a limited ed, short scale, mahogany, tele/single cut axe. Exclusive, but like the Hubers, very, very toneful. Punchy, much like a Cobra, except with a set neck. Gerrard commented that he too feels the need to reduce output to support his love of guitar-building. Go Gerrard!!!

One of the most pleasant surprises this year, in addition to the TAG crew showing up again and Tom continuing on, was the the guitars featured this year are all of those going out to customers. That is, due the the former announcement, the shop didn't design new axes specifically for the show. So, all of the guitars for the '07 show were/are already spoken for - VERY lucky whoever you are!!!!

OK, pictures are worth a thousand words, so here's about 80,000:

The purple 2 hum DT is headed to Charley's in Dallas. Brian Harris, THAT axe ROXXXXX!! The sea foam green's headed to Chuck Levin's in MD - Brian Meader scores!
http://www.members.cox.net/eddyrox/TAG20071.jpg

http://www.members.cox.net/eddyrox/TAG20072.jpg

Martin Music's getting a SWEEET BB. Tom, Laurie, and Roy have gotta be tired of answering the same question - no, it's not a standard color.:eek: bummer.
http://www.members.cox.net/eddyrox/TAG20073.jpg

michaelomiya
01-21-2007, 01:43 AM
http://www.members.cox.net/eddyrox/TAG20074.jpg

it smells like 1987!!! LOVE IT!!:cool: :cool: :cool:
http://www.members.cox.net/eddyrox/TAG20075.jpg

enr1co
01-21-2007, 03:35 AM
ey Michael,

Great NAMM pics and write up! This weekend is just flyin' by- hope to catch
you at the Anderson booth on Sun!

e

Jim Shine
01-21-2007, 06:03 AM
I like what I see! Cool to know that gray finish like Kirk has is still available!

kccheers
01-21-2007, 07:59 AM
E, you have mail....

theatomicjeff
01-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Woo-hoo = that purple Anderson Drop Top is mine!!!! :D
Happiness is knowing it has been completed and will be with me soon.

Thanks for the pictures, Michael - you just made my day! :cool: :)

BoraBora
01-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Great pics Mike, thanks for posting them. Please post more pics if you can. :D

picnic
01-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Many thanks to the TAG crew for their hospitality. It was great meeting them and strumming the guitars. I played the two T's Thu, Fri and Sat just to keep my TA addiction in control.

To add to M's comments,

Melancon's Goodsell demo amp was real nice.

Fender has a new Strat VG with modeling abilities coming out. Like a Line 6 Variax but better

Michale Lipe guitars had some beautiful woods and great pickups.

Trussart and 65 amps had a cool booth and some serious players in the sound room.

Marshall's demo room shook the walls and floor. 200 db's maybe.

DePergo had very beautiful guitars

Diamond Amps had beautiful models, as in the female variety.

Jim Soloway, Ben Fargen and Menatone pedals was a very cool booth. Tones and great people.

Fuchs Audio was a great booth. Scott Lerner and Tomo Fujita did some incredible demos.

First NAMM for me and I'm going to try to make it back in a few years. Lot of fun meeting folks from different forums and the makers of the gear I play.

theatomicjeff
01-21-2007, 04:37 PM
I can't stop looking at my purple DT. I can't wait to get it.
Tom, Roy, Brian Harris....it's just beautiful.

*wipes tear from eye*

I have no children. This must be (sort of) what it's like to watch your first born come into the world. :p :D ;)

dannopelli
01-21-2007, 09:45 PM
See what you did! Now I am going to have to get a Sea Foam Green T!

Serioulsy, THANKS FOR THE PICS

Barry
01-22-2007, 04:55 AM
Many thanks to the TAG crew for their hospitality. It was great meeting them and strumming the guitars. I played the two T's Thu, Fri and Sat just to keep my TA addiction in control.

To add to M's comments,

Melancon's Goodsell demo amp was real nice.

Fender has a new Strat VG with modeling abilities coming out. Like a Line 6 Variax but better

Michale Lipe guitars had some beautiful woods and great pickups.

Trussart and 65 amps had a cool booth and some serious players in the sound room.

Marshall's demo room shook the walls and floor. 200 db's maybe.

DePergo had very beautiful guitars

Diamond Amps had beautiful models, as in the female variety.

Jim Soloway, Ben Fargen and Menatone pedals was a very cool booth. Tones and great people.

Fuchs Audio was a great booth. Scott Lerner and Tomo Fujita did some incredible demos.

First NAMM for me and I'm going to try to make it back in a few years. Lot of fun meeting folks from different forums and the makers of the gear I play.
First NAMM for me as well . Very nice to meet Tom, Roy & Laurie . I went in the Marshall room as well . Who was the guys demoing the amps ? Very good player . Saw Jim Marshall there as well .

entraind
01-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Anyone know what the finish is on that Atom on the right in the Atom group?

AndyK
01-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Nice purple Floyd DT! They are ALL nice looking guitars - and I'm sure nice sounding guitars.

I personally can't believe someone ordered a bowling ball finish DT w/ Floyd! The 80's are BACK baby!!

I like the idea of the new Marshall JVM having larger trannies, but worry about too many channels making it too prone to blowing up? I don't know about anyone else, but all I need from a Marshall is:

Channel 1 - First 4 Van Halen albums
Channel 2 - add more gain to Channel 1

:cool:

tom
01-22-2007, 11:54 AM
if you mean the atom special with the bigsby, that's mine. light desert sunset on mahogany.

pluto
01-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks Mike for the pics and review. I'm looking forward to hearing the JVM and Vintage-Modern. I hope Marshall found a nice supply of reliable KT66s for the Vintage Modern though.

bud
01-22-2007, 06:13 PM
if you mean the atom special with the bigsby, that's mine. light desert sunset on mahogany.

In addition to looking incredible it sounded incredible, the "kickback", the bigsby... must have atom

It was great seeing Tom, Laurie and Roy and getting to meet Michael.

michaelomiya
01-22-2007, 10:19 PM
In addition to looking incredible it sounded incredible, the "kickback", the bigsby... must have atom

It was great seeing Tom, Laurie and Roy and getting to meet Michael.

BUD! Great meeting you as well! FIGHT ON!!!!:D :p

entraind
01-23-2007, 03:57 AM

Yep, that's the one. I may need to change my Atom I have on order to that wood/color scheme combo -- simply gorgeous!!!

Time to call Roy :)