PDA

View Full Version : Drop Top for Sale

taclassic
01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Hello to all,

I am selling my Drop Top (12-10-01A). The guitar is in amazing shape with the small exception of one nick on the back of the guitar.

Model - Drop Top
Body Finish - Deep Ocean Blue with Binding
Body Wood - Quilted Maple Top on Basswood
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Madagascar Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Matching Headstock, Satin Back
Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape -
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Sunken Floyd Rose
Pickguard -
Pickups - SD1R SD1 H2+
Switching - Switcheroo, Vintage Voicing
Strings - .009-.042 Elixir strings
Comments -

BFTS

I am asking $1850. That includes ground shipping to the lower 48 states. Paypal is ok as well as Postal Money Orders. If interested contact me at taclassic at yahoo dot com and I will send you some pics. I have excellent feedback on ebay.

Kid Metric
01-18-2007, 08:17 AM
My apologies, I can''t purchase this at this time, but I do have a couple of questions if you don't mind...
I have a HDT on order for delivery next month. I ordered it with same electronics and pickups you have.

How do the SD's sound compared to the SA's? Have you had a chance to compare?

Is the switcheroo as versatile as they say? I don't play out, I just record, so switching on the fly is not as much of an issue with me as some other people.

Ta's I own-02-09-97A
04-16-06P
11-07-06P

Maybe I can answer some questions for you also! I will let my fellow muso's know you have this for sale, maybe I can help.
Thanks in advance for your time!

Kid Metric
01-18-2007, 08:26 AM
My apologies, I can''t purchase this at this time, but I do have a couple of questions if you don't mind...
I have a HDT on order for delivery next month. I ordered it with same electronics and pickups you have.

How do the SD's sound compared to the SA's? Have you had a chance to compare?

Is the switcheroo as versatile as they say? I don't play out, I just record, so switching on the fly is not as much of an issue with me as some other people.

Ta's I own-02-09-97A
04-16-06P
11-07-06P

Maybe I can answer some questions for you also! I will let my fellow muso's know you have this for sale, maybe I can help.
Thanks in advance for your time!

taclassic
01-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Hello,

My take on the SDs vs the SAs is that the SDs sound thin and brittle to me. Keep in mind that I have only tried them on solid body Andersons. I have had SAs in Alder bodied Drop Tops before and completely loved the sound of that pickup. I have also had three Basswood bodied Drop Tops with SDs and never liked the SD sound. Too bright for my taste. The Anderson sight does say that the SAs have more mids than the SDs and that is what I must be hearing.

The switcheroo is awesome for my style of playing which is normally one setting for part of the song and the full bridge humbucker for the solo. The blower swith is awesome for me.

taclassic
01-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Hello,

This is to see if there is any interest or else I will be posting on Ebay. I am willing to negotiate on the price, but no low ball offers please. I am selling it to help ay for new flooring. I had some interest at first, but none came through.

northern1
01-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Hello,
I am interested in your guitar how do I get some detailed pic's? There is no way to contact you via email or PM.
Thanks.