PDA

View Full Version : acoustic guitar ideas?

dpeterson
02-10-2004, 07:41 AM
I'm looking for a decent acoustic, nothing real fancy, but it cant sound like a pizza box with strings. I prefer a cutaway, and not too thick of a body. I love the taylor stuff, but they are way to proud price wise for me, even on their low end stuff. I'd also like it to have the buzz system.

I've been looking at garrison guitars, and the active bracing thing it has seems like a great idea. I'd like to play one, just have to find someone locally now.

Under 1k would be great, any other ideas?

I read somewhere that Tom likes Larivee... but those are pricey as well.

thanks,
dave

SteveK
02-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Wow....There are quite a few to choose from.

Martin has numerous models in your price range. Ther's also Seagull, Takamine, Alvarez, Ovation, Fender(:eek: :confused: ) and the list goes on......

Best sounding in your price range with the features you want?
Your ears will have to decide, mine would go with the Martin.

Stys
02-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Go with Larrivee. The 03 series is understated in looks but huge on tone. The L-03 or the OM-03 are perfect choices. The 05 series has a glossy finish and a pearl rosette but in my opinion, the 03's have a cool vibe. I know there was mention of cost but I went the route of saving money and I was never happy. By choosing Larrivee playing acoustic has become fun.

dpeterson
02-10-2004, 06:27 PM
not that have buzz feiten installed :) that shuts it down to a few... going to have to make a trip to some stores..

dave

oscar100
02-11-2004, 03:19 AM
a guitar under $1K

is there such a thing

your GAS is slipping!

:D

enr1co
02-11-2004, 05:18 AM
I was looking for a sub $grand acoustic recently and
narrowed it down to two-

Martin 000-15 and a Taylor 214- each ~$600 w/hard case and comfortably sized OM/grand concert ~4 1/4" deep

No cutaways but all solid woods and tone that
could rival guitars $1000+.

MusicGearGuys
02-11-2004, 12:03 PM
I gave up dealership with Garrison after several stucture problems with the line that I found. It may have been a Colorado thing.
I'd look at the RainSong Projection Series, but they dont have the Buzz system.

Gregory:)

John Price
02-11-2004, 12:18 PM
I really enjoy the Takamine Acoustics! They have a great sound and offer some very nice guitars for under $1000.00 plus they also have a new pickup system that has a built in tube preamp section That's right a preamp tube will be inside of the control cavity, I'm hoping to check one out soon! I believe it will be shipping late April......