PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Anderson

WantADropTop
12-27-2006, 09:11 PM
A few years ago I bought a used Hollow Drop Top from Guitar Center for $1500. It was the best playing and sounding guitar I had ever played, but had a major problem. I took it to several luthiers and had it set up by both Mike Lull and the Parson's guy and neither shop could eliminate the string buzz, which was very audible when playing clean. So, regrettably, I returned the guitar.

Since then I have played numerous Anderson guitars at the shops but none played as easily and comfortably as that one I lost years ago. I like a thinner neck. My guess is that I prefer the 1 5/8 nut width, though it may have been the neck profile or shape that was different. I will never know since I did not record the details of that one HDT.

Anyway, I am looking for an Anderson with a thinner than average neck that has a humbucker in the bridge and a single coil in the neck. If it has a middle pickup too great but I don't really care. Don't care what it looks like either just interested in playability and tone. My style is alternative rock/metal and I prefer a thick/warm crunch tone, soaring lead tone and a clear pure clean tone.

I am too afraid to buy a guitar without playing it first with no ability to return it, but if you know of a guitar that might suit my needs within 200 miles of Seattle or that I can return if necessary then please let me know. Email me at josh at undertone dot com. Thanks!!!

-Josh