PDA

View Full Version : My new Atom!

Casper
12-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, as usual the digital camera can't quite show it, but the top on this thing rivals just about anything I've seen Tom do. It is stunning. Dark Cherry posing as Honey Burst!:p
The hang on an Atom feels like home to me. Always been a Strat guy up to now. I actually play differently with this axe..makes you wanna bend and hold notes. Spanky yet Dark and Cutting sound all the while retaining a nod to classic pickup sound. My sound guy LOVES it. I am in the middle of my honeymoon with this axe and new rig...a feeling thats hard to beat.
M1/M1/M2 with 1 5/8" Atom Standard Neck with Indian Rosewood/Medium Frets.

Feels almost identical to my 62 RB! Good Call, Roy! Made quite a move on this...glad I did. Now, if I can just post these pics?

mbrown3
12-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Very cool! How about some clips?

taclassic
12-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Wow!! That is an awesome Top and Color. Glad you decided to buy it.

entraind
12-09-2006, 12:02 AM
The hang on an Atom feels like home to me. Always been a Strat guy up to now. I actually play differently with this axe..makes you wanna bend and hold notes. Spanky yet Dark and Cutting sound all the while retaining a nod to classic pickup sound. My sound guy LOVES it. I am in the middle of my honeymoon with this axe and new rig...a feeling thats hard to beat.

I had the exact same experience. After years of strats (after 99--all classics)I really bonded with my Atom, a year long honeymoon with that one and an Atom Special in the oven--due in March :)

I really love the bending and singing-note aspects of the Atom, the sustain and the overtones are pretty crazy on it. As a player I was getting to the point where I was wanting to say more with fewer notes and the Atom came along at a time where it was the perfect tool for that type of playing... can't wait for the next one!

dave
12-09-2006, 04:48 AM
very nice! Enjoy!

enr1co
12-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Smokin top and burst finish on that Atom- Good call on snaggin' it!
Congrats!

e

Casper
12-11-2006, 06:36 AM
It just is an experience all Classic and DT players need to have:D

tmihm
12-11-2006, 06:46 AM
Whoa.....spectacular! Nice snag, Casper....congrats!!!!!!!!

Terry