PDA

View Full Version : Cobra neck question........

King Cobra
12-07-2006, 12:05 PM
I buying another Cobra. This one has the Slimmer cobra neck option.Has anyone played this neck size option? I'm hoping its SG thin and still fills my hand. (I'm used to the 62 Roundback and Basic Standard neck) Any insights?

Thanks.........

taclassic
12-07-2006, 12:08 PM
I thought the Slimmer Cobra was identical to the Anderson Standard neckshape found on a Drop Top or Classic.

Barry
12-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I thought the Slimmer Cobra was identical to the Anderson Standard neckshape found on a Drop Top or Classic.
I have a Cobra with TA standard . I think its the slimmest neck shape for a cobra but Im sure Tom can give us the definitive answer on that .

Barry
12-07-2006, 12:40 PM
I buying another Cobra. This one has the Slimmer cobra neck option.Has anyone played this neck size option? I'm hoping its SG thin and still fills my hand. (I'm used to the 62 Roundback and Basic Standard neck) Any insights?

Thanks.........
I found this in a file that Roy sent me when i ordered my Cobra 07-17-06N

We basically have three 24 ¾-inch scale length neck profiles—for Cobra & Atom:
Cobra/Atom Standard
T/A Standard—short-scale
62 Cobra/Atom

Cobra/Atom Standard: Our most popular Cobra and Atom neck backshape is a medium-depth backshape for the: “not too big and not too small but just right” neck feel.

tom
12-07-2006, 12:42 PM
the slimmer cobra is the same as the long scale ta std.

michaelomiya
12-07-2006, 01:46 PM
that's correct, it's the same as the TA Std or now the "even taper"

ooops, didn't see tom's post! Sorry

King Cobra
12-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Heres a Picture of the new aquistion:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3107/andersoncobratfront2gx9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I can't believe I found such a nice guitar for a really great not Pumped up becuase of Toms latest news price. I can finally live up to my name again! :o

michaelomiya
12-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Heres a Picture of the new aquistion:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3107/andersoncobratfront2gx9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I can't believe I found such a nice guitar for a really great not Pumped up becuase of Toms latest news price. I can finally live up to my name again! :o

saw that on the Gear Page. nice!

King Cobra
12-08-2006, 12:16 AM
saw that on the Gear Page. nice!

Yeah I scooped that up! I wanted another Cobra in the worst way and was waiting for the right time . When Tom dropped that bombshell I thought the dream was gone. Prices on Tom's stuff is a little bit out of control lately. This guitar was priced very fairly at a pre bombshell price. ;) I DID NOT buy this to re sell it. No way........If I can dig the neck carve this baby has found a home. I truly believe things happen for a reason . Thanks again for the quick replies guys! You helped make it happen!:)

entraind
12-08-2006, 04:41 AM
That is one beautiful guitar!! Nice snag...

Barry
12-08-2006, 05:16 AM
Yeah I scooped that up! I wanted another Cobra in the worst way and was waiting for the right time . When Tom dropped that bombshell I thought the dream was gone. Prices on Tom's stuff is a little bit out of control lately. This guitar was priced very fairly at a pre bombshell price. ;) I DID NOT buy this to re sell it. No way........If I can dig the neck carve this baby has found a home. I truly believe things happen for a reason . Thanks again for the quick replies guys! You helped make it happen!:)
I have a Cobra with a TA standard . Love it . Hope it works out for you .

enr1co
12-09-2006, 03:19 AM
the slimmer cobra is the same as the long scale ta std.

So would a cobra/atom std be similar to oversize +.030 long scale?

michaelomiya
12-09-2006, 09:16 AM
So would a cobra/atom std be similar to oversize +.030 long scale?

E, the "happy medium" formally known as "cobra/Atom std" is a 0.825-0.905 taper. The "even taper" formally known as TA Std (25.5) is 0.81-0.87. The 0.030 oversize, just adds to the even taper for 0.84-0.9. So close on the 12th fret (0.9 vs .905), but a tad more (.84 vs .825) on the 1st fret.