PDA

View Full Version : my HDTCs arrived

tovaldi
02-05-2004, 05:04 PM
I´m one lucky man, both of my Hollow Drop Top Classics came in today.
Both have a madagascar rosewood fretboard but one has a Koa top (shaded edge with binding finish), basswood body and the other has a maple top (arctic blue finish), alder body.
I love the tone of the Koa top HDTC, I can get the classic strat tone and a more modern tone with a bigger punch.
The alder body HDTC has a darker tone, I´m not sure but it could be the strings, they don´t ring as much (though they´re brand new). I would like it to have a brighter or glassier tone. Any suggestions?
Sustain on both of them is wonderful.
I will probably post some pics this weekend in case any of you would like to see them.

John Price
02-06-2004, 07:49 PM
That sounds great!!!

All the best to you with your new Andersons!

:cool:

-CM-
02-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Congrats on the aquisitions! Pics would be great to see.

tovaldi
02-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Here´s a pic of both of my HDTCs, hope you like them.

http://www.telefonica.net/web/tovaldi/andersons 2.jpg

There are more pics of my guitars at:

http://es.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/fenderskywalker

Scott Peterson
02-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Wow - very nice guitars. Koa goooood. :D

pcbb
02-10-2004, 03:15 AM
nice guitars tovaldi.

pluto
02-10-2004, 05:38 PM
WOW!!!!!! Great looking guitars! I'm sure they sound as great as they look.

tovaldi
02-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Thank you guys! I love both guitars but the Koa is just my favorite.

pluto
02-10-2004, 05:40 PM
btw-the arctic blue HDTC (also maple over alder) that I sold to Joe was imo on the darker side too.

SteveK
02-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Wow, what a beautiful pair!!! :eek: :D

tovaldi
02-10-2004, 05:53 PM
btw-the arctic blue HDTC (also maple over alder) that I sold to Joe was imo on the darker side too.

Yeah pluto, I really thought the alder body and the maple top would make it brighter than the basswood with the Koa. Sometimes it´s hard to predict the tone of a guitar. I changed strings on both of them today and put exactly the same brand and gauge on each one and the tone is definitively darker on the maple over alder.

JoeB63
02-10-2004, 06:13 PM
I have Pluto's HDTC. Rather than "dark," I would say that the "hollowness" of the guitar really seems to soften the tone, in other words, takes some sting out of the attack. Perhaps that means "softer mids." I'm not sure.

That's in comparison to my Cobra, which is solid. It's an interesting contrast. The two guitars are certainly not interchangable.

Congrats on the new axes!