PDA

View Full Version : New TAG owner in CT....Howdy!

MojoRojo
11-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi Guys.......I am a new member. It all started with a road trip (2 & 1/2 hours one way) to visit Jack at Magdons to try out a few Cobras......Jack was great and introduced me to the world of Andersons. He was also helping a young teenage girl and her dad pick out her first Strat....what a great guy and a great store!

Anyway, I decided to go with a Hollow Drop T that I bought used from McKenzie River....it has all the features I want, but is probably a little more twangy than the Cobras. It appears to me that regular (non s) Cobras are hard to find with trems, and mine has a power trem and a switcheroo!......It should arrive in a few days, and I hope I love it as much as I think I will.

I play in a Motown Band, a Rock Trio, and a Country Band, and jam with several players in the southwestern CT area.....

If anyone has any tips on using the switcheroo or power trem let me know....

Thanks for having me on the forum.

Rojo

michaelomiya
11-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi Guys.......I am a new member. It all started with a road trip (2 & 1/2 hours one way) to visit Jack at Magdons to try out a few Cobras......Jack was great and introduced me to the world of Andersons. He was also helping a young teenage girl and her dad pick out her first Strat....what a great guy and a great store!

Anyway, I decided to go with a Hollow Drop T that I bought used from McKenzie River....it has all the features I want, but is probably a little more twangy than the Cobras. It appears to me that regular (non s) Cobras are hard to find with trems, and mine has a power trem and a switcheroo!......It should arrive in a few days, and I hope I love it as much as I think I will.

I play in a Motown Band, a Rock Trio, and a Country Band, and jam with several players in the southwestern CT area.....

If anyone has any tips on using the switcheroo or power trem let me know....

Thanks for having me on the forum.

Rojo

welcome Rojo! Hey that just happens to be my personal favorite color as well....and with TAG's they come in translucent, sweet & sour sauce, cajun, cherry, magenta, cajun magenta, candy apple, cajun red burst, nearly natural and ruby slippers...and all shades in between!!! tooo many options! Welcome again!
mike.

tmihm
11-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the forum, Rojo!

I think you beat me to that one at McKenzie by 30 minutes. I called when I got home from work and the guy said "it just sold".

Nice snag.....it looks incredible! Please post pics and tone report after you get it!!!

Terry

killerburst
11-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Welcome. CT here, as well.

MojoRojo
11-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Well, the TAG arrived today, safley....thanks again to all of you who posted shipping horror stories last week while she was in transit......whew....I pluged into my Dr Z Maz 38 with a 4x10....and well, I think I'm in love....I may bring her to a rock gig Saturday, but I most look forward to country rehearsal next week.......take a look:

michaelomiya
11-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Well, the TAG arrived today, safley....thanks again to all of you who posted shipping horror stories last week while she was in transit......whew....I pluged into my Dr Z Maz 38 with a 4x10....and well, I think I'm in love....I may bring her to a rock gig Saturday, but I most look forward to country rehearsal next week.......take a look:

killer! what's the serial #?

MojoRojo
12-01-2006, 02:21 PM
8-27-03a....