PDA

View Full Version : Army of Anyone CD out today!

GaryMcT
11-14-2006, 04:14 PM
If you want to hear the guys that Bruce is working with now, make sure and check out the new Army of Anyone CD. It's the Deleo brothers from Stone Temple Pilots, along with the singer from Filter. Best Buy has it for $6.99.

I haven't even heard the whole thing yet, but so far so good! :)

BoraBora
11-15-2006, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Gary. I'm going to buy this as soon as I can. The Deleo brothers are such good songwriters. Wow, Best Buy has it for $6.99. :)

GaryMcT
11-15-2006, 01:32 AM
Been listening to it constantly today. . definitely good stuff. The last song in particular is really great.

You get a free acoustic version of the first song if you buy it from Best Buy (can download the song as an mp3) or if you buy it on iTunes you get 2 different free songs.

AndyK
11-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Wow, $6.99 for a solid rock n roll guitar album is great!! I gotta pick up the CD!

GaryMcT
11-16-2006, 05:48 PM
I wonder if the singer is going to be playing guitar on stage along with Dean Deleo? Some of the songs have two simultaneous important guitar parts.

bruce
11-17-2006, 01:24 AM
I wonder if the singer is going to be playing guitar on stage along with Dean Deleo? Some of the songs have two simultaneous important guitar parts.

Actually, Rich Patrick (the singer) will be playing bass on one song while Robert DeLeo (the bass player) plays an acoustic for the Filter song "Take a Picture".

There will only be Dean playing the guitar parts you are thinking of Gary.. He pulled it off with STP all the time.

We just taped for the Carson Daily Show tonight... it is supposed to be aired on Thanksgiving.

GaryMcT
11-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Actually, Rich Patrick (the singer) will be playing bass on one song while Robert DeLeo (the bass player) plays an acoustic for the Filter song "Take a Picture".

There will only be Dean playing the guitar parts you are thinking of Gary.. He pulled it off with STP all the time.

We just taped for the Carson Daily Show tonight... it is supposed to be aired on Thanksgiving.

Cool. I have my tivo set to record it!

There are some awesome tones and great writing on the CD. The last 2 songs are especially great. I love the voxy tones throughout the album (more tele than STP?) and the leslie on the last one. (That is a leslie, right?). Very inspiring stuff.

bruce
11-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Cool. I have my tivo set to record it!

There are some awesome tones and great writing on the CD. The last 2 songs are especially great. I love the voxy tones throughout the album (more tele than STP?) and the leslie on the last one. (That is a leslie, right?). Very inspiring stuff.

There are lots of Vox's being used on the record, but there were about 40 other amps there to get equally great tones and most of them got used. This AOA record has more guitar tracks than any other past STP record.

Yes that is a Leslie.

GaryMcT
11-20-2006, 05:58 PM
What do you guys use (either live or in the studio) to mic vox-ish amps? I'm finding that I'm having a hard time with an SM57 since it kills a lot of the highs. I may be a treble-aholic though, which is why this new Hollow T is so nice! The honeymoon might not completely be over yet, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be seeing that this is the nicest guitar that I've ever played for quiet a wihle. :)

Also, Rich Patrick wrote all the lyrics on the album according to the liner notes (I think. . I don't have them in front of me). Did he write the melodies too, or did the Deleo brothers write those too? I've always wondered that about STP as well. . . the brothers wrote most of the songs while Scott W wrote the lyrics. . was always curious if he wrote the melodies too.

Do you have a source for hidef versions of the tv performances? If not, I think I can stream them off of my digital video recorder and put them somewhere for you.

bruce
11-20-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't know anything about the HiDef stuff... sorry. As far as miking the vox live, our Front of House guy who's been with the DeLeo's since the beginning uses a real fat mike, it's black and it has a 10db pad on it that sits parallel to the grill cloth. Sorry, but I don't know the answer to that one either. But the Marshall cabs do get SM57's pointed straight in at about mid cone. Dean runs 2 marshall cabs in a true stereo rig with the Vox AC-30 in the middle mostly dry. I get to hit power chords every night at setup/ sound check and let me tell you... that's a warm fuzzy feeling standing in front of that.

GaryMcT
11-21-2006, 12:38 AM
Re: hidef version. . if you want hi resolution versions of the AOA shows on the Tonight Show, etc, I can get 'em for you. I have the technology. :)

I'm sure it sounds great standing in front of that rig! I was really impressed with the live sound on the Thank You bonus DVD with all the live stuff on it.