PDA

View Full Version : strap locks

kasmit
02-03-2004, 10:38 AM
which brand should i use on my TA classic... and can I install them without re-drilling the strap button...hole...

thanks

KAS
:)

dpeterson
02-03-2004, 03:31 PM
I use the shallers, and use the same screw that came with stock, and dont have any trouble. I ended up buying some buttons from stewmac since anderson uses 3, and i didnt want 2 different types of buttons on my geetars :)

dave

kasmit
02-03-2004, 06:01 PM
which one (shaller) did you buy..? and which buttons did you buy from Stew-Mac

kas

SteveK
02-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Here we go again, the eternal question ;)

Dunlop's for me!

dpeterson
02-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by dpeterson
I use the shallers, and use the same screw that came with stock, and dont have any trouble. I ended up buying some buttons from stewmac since anderson uses 3, and i didnt want 2 different types of buttons on my geetars :)

dave

Click here to see what they have. (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Strap_buttons/Schaller_Security_Strap_Locks.html)

dave

kasmit
02-03-2004, 10:56 PM
thanks D_peterson I had these things put on my PRS 24custom in 1990.. just didn't know what they were called.....and I didn't know that Stew_mac sold them...

thanks ,,

this forum has saved me a lot of time ..

it's great..

Kas//

mbrown3
02-05-2004, 02:17 PM
I sent Dunlops (like the Schallers better, actually, but Dunlops were more readily available for me) in when TA made my guitar. Work like a charm! Now if I could only find where I left the darn strap!!!