PDA

View Full Version : Set-up info

heyrey
02-03-2004, 03:36 AM
After playing my HDT for two years now, is there a way to setup the guitar back to factory specs?

String height, pickup level, saddle adjusment, e.t.c.

Also would it be wise to use locktite (the mildest form) on the saddle height adj. screws. Mine are constantly moving and i would like to minimize that.

Also I am getting some indentations in my frets. i have the Jumbo frets. Is just a standard fret dress in order?

Any approved Anderson set-up guys in the Denver area?

Thanks

Adam

tom
02-03-2004, 11:28 PM
we have an ex anderson setup guy in the denver area. he is bob smith and i believe he works out of guitars etc, but i may have the name wrong. the store is not an anderson dealer, but bob knows our stuff. he could do the hole thing for you or you could do all but the frets. let me know if you want any setup numbers, and i'll check on which store he's at. it is ok to put a bit of the non hardening lock tite on the height screws.

michaelomiya
02-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by tom
we have an ex anderson setup guy in the denver area. he is bob smith and i believe he works out of guitars etc, but i may have the name wrong. the store is not an anderson dealer, but bob knows our stuff. he could do the hole thing for you or you could do all but the frets. let me know if you want any setup numbers, and i'll check on which store he's at. it is ok to put a bit of the non hardening lock tite on the height screws.

Bob Smith is awesome. He did the assembly on my 2 Cobras in 2001. Fantastic assembly, awesome fret work. In fact the set-up on my T-yellow cobra was so flawless, that to this day, no adjustments have been made to this guitar. (except for some truss adjusts due to humidity) And this gtr gets "played out" out way too often.