PDA

View Full Version : OK, I am in....now to find the right Andy....

trpullen
08-23-2003, 12:09 AM
I had a very nice Anderson that I could not get used to. I have discovered that tele bods just do not feel right to me. I am looking for the right DropTop and I will be a happy man.

I want this in a DT...minus gold hardware + vintage trem. :) This is the one I sold.

http://www.maxwebb.com/andersonwebgallery/images/DSC01073.jpg

Darren B.
08-23-2003, 04:28 AM
Looks great ! Good luck in your search.

John Price
08-23-2003, 04:36 PM
That's very nice! Maybe it's time to place a custom order:D

trpullen
08-23-2003, 07:55 PM
Possibly. I have seen a few I like out there. Seems all the guitars I like on eBay end up with either Gold Hardware (I would do that if I found the right guitar otherwise) or Floyd Rose (no way) or Switcheroo (no thanks either).

I may go new if I can find a good enough deal on one. Here is my dilemma. I am playing a pair of Strats right now. Both American Standards. I paid $500 for one and $600 NEW for the other. I really like them. My Anderson was a better guitar...no doubt about it. I paid $1400 for it and sold it for over $1800. Now, a new one will cost me in the area of $2200. Is that gutiar going to be 4x better than my Strats? Doubtful. My PRS is not 4x better either.....actually, it is great but I rarely play it. I am a single coil guy.

I guess all that to say that I would jump on the right used on because I am confident that the guitar is twice the instrument my Fenders are but.... I will keep watching. Good deals do come along...that is for sure.