PDA

View Full Version : Hey, guys.

jmdeno
11-10-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm the proud owner (or will be when it comes in, in Feb.) of a custom Hollow Drop Top Classic. I'm very excited, as this is my first of hopefully many Andersons! ;-) I'm looking forward to taking part in the discussion, here. Take care!

John D.
music@johndenosky.com

Robotechnology
11-11-2006, 10:27 AM
You will love your new Tom Anderson! I'm a newbie to the forum as well. Welcome!

Ivan

funalij
11-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi John and welcome aboard

Please, let us know which are the custom options for your first Anderson guitar.

Best regards
Javier

jmdeno
11-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Everyone's so nice here...and they ALL know what Tom Andersons, even are...lol *I'm sure you all have friends you can't really share your happiness with, because they just don't understand* ;-)

Here's what I got. Let me know what y'alls opinions are :

TA Hollow Drop Top Classic
Transparent/Translucent Green w/Binding
White Pearl Pickguard

Body - Quilt Maple on Basswood Back
Neck - Maple w/Indian Rosewood Fretboard
Satin Neckback finish
Jumbo Frets
Locking Nut
Sunken Floyd Bridge (for Tremelo)
Chrome Hardware
Nutwidth 1 11/16 W/R2

Pickups :
Neck - M1
Middle - M1
Bridge - H2

Switching :
5-Way w/Add-Bridge push/pull & KickBack

(I originally wanted Switcheroo, but the kickback was recommended for more versatility...I didn't fully understand how, but can anyone suggest any ideas and/or opinions?)

Thanks everyone. This forum is the greatest!

-John D-
music@johndenosky.com
Nashville, TN

funalij
11-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi John:

All specs are good to me (M's are great for me), but I don't know what kickback is (maybe some kind of booster?).

I read a Tom post talking about it (something new), but I think there is no more info (by the moment).

PD: I'm still learning a lot of things in this forum, sure you'll love it.

Best regards
Javier

jmdeno
11-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks for your input. It was guesswork for the wood-types, as I've never had the liberty to choose. Just played what was available or affordable. lol.

I never heard of the kickback either, and have fairly limited knowledge as far as guitar electronics go. But from what the guy told me. Roy recommended it over Switcheroo. He said the KickBack basically pops that pickup in single coil/humbucker mode, but I'm sure there's more to it, because this sounds just like a coil-tap, and I'm not sure how that would be MORE versatile than being able to put all pickups in Series or Parallel...

If ANYONE reading this could enlighten me on the KickBack, I'd really appreciate it. I haven't had time to search the posts, but I will.

Also, with Switcheroo, can you invert the phase of each pickup as well?

Great talking to you, Javier...

John DeNosky
music@johndenosky.com

tmihm
11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the forum, John. It's a great place! I just picked up my 2nd Andy...also an HDTC a couple of weeks ago, and it's absolutley incredible.

Unfortunately, that's about the best I have to offer. I'm unfamiliar with the KickBack you referred to. First I thought you meant a 'blower switch', but reading again....I'm just not sure what it could be.

Enjoy your time here!

Terry

jmdeno
11-14-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm just reading through the other threads, and found another with everyone asking what the KickBack does. Check this out :

http://andersonforum.com/board/showthread.php?t=3434&highlight=kickback

Not sure what to expect. I get to go to my first NAMM show this Jan, so if anything, maybe I can learn something about it there...Looking forward to it!

John DeNosky
music@johndenosky.com

P.S. THANKS for all the replies, guys! you rock!