PDA

View Full Version : Anderson spotting!

GaryMcT
11-04-2006, 03:49 AM
OK, so which one of you was playing the Drop Top Classic tonight on the Tonight Show with Kelly Pickler? :)

enr1co
11-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Dont really watch much TV so had to look up in wikipedia as to who Kelly Pickler was:confused:

Did see some ads for the upcoming CMA broadcast after getting sucked into
the tube the other nite watching "the top 100 eighties songs" on VH1.

I imagine there could be some Andy sightings with this event so I may have check this out also.

Suriel Zayas
11-04-2006, 10:10 PM
i played my atom on thursday night during the latin grammy's, but kelly pickler.

taclassic
11-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Suriel,

Who did you play with? I recorded the show. I will scan it right now to try and find you.

Suriel Zayas
11-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Suriel,

Who did you play with? I recorded the show. I will scan it right now to try and find you.
i played with thalia.

taclassic
11-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Suriel,

Was the band hidden? I only saw the Dancers during her spot.

enr1co
11-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Boy...do I need to get out of the cave a little more often :o

Now that Im familiar with Thalia and Kelly Pickler, I would have likely been just a little distracted to notice an Anderson in the background if seeing them perform ;)

e

enr1co
11-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Suriel,

Hey Suriel,

Found this clip of Thalia performing at the grammys- where you and band obscured in a orchestra pit of sort?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPnKhEKJ0ro

Could be for the best-as they may have made you wear one of those colonial wigs ;)

e

edwarddavis
11-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Heres a clip of a Tom Anderson playing God Bless America , Kelly was supposed to sing it but we had to get four fat guys instead. Its a Classic T , HSH ,solid body.
If you look close at the clip you can hear Kelly Clarkson singing along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ-55yxjoM4

funalij
11-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi Suriel:

I ever think that these kind of music events was played in playback (singer too), not live music.

Did all the groups played live?

Suriel Zayas
11-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Suriel,

ta, the band was on stage behind that whole dance production. ther were a ton of cameras around us, but since i usually don't see a playback i don't know much about it after it goes to tape. however, my very close friend mike ciro (excellent guitarist)was certainally on camera, because i was watching him backstage during alejandro sanz performance.:confused:

gary, sorry to derail your thread.

Suriel Zayas
11-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi Suriel:

I ever think that these kind of music events was played in playback (singer too), not live music.

Did all the groups played live?

javy,

all music was played live in one way or another. we played on top of a sequenced track. many of my gigs are playing on top sequenced tracks (i.e. pro tools), therfore, downsizing the band, in other words, more musicians out of work. however, a slight slip in the time or the engineer drops the wrong track (ala ashley simpson on snl) and you're reaching for an alka seltzer.

ryman150
11-06-2006, 01:37 AM
I think my friend Clint Chandler is doing some work with Kelly right now. He also plays for Sara Evans and has worked with quite a few other artists. He's got some nice Anderson guitars!

GaryMcT
11-06-2006, 04:27 AM
gary, sorry to derail your thread.

No worries. . . derailments are fun.

picnic
11-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Back on track. Dierks Bentley's lead guitarist was playing a TA Tele on the Imus in the Morning show a couple of weeks ago. I didn't see the amps, but the tone was pure alt country grit. I look at the guitars and backline more than the performers.

Confirmed Gear Geek