PDA

View Full Version : M to T-Bridge?

JoeB63
11-02-2006, 06:33 PM
If one were to buy a Classic T with M's and then one decides he doesn't love the M's, would a standard T bridge pickup fit in the M bridge route?

Could one also replace the M neck pickup with a standard T neck pickup (assuming one buys a new pickguard)?

Thanks!

tom
11-02-2006, 07:15 PM
yes, and correct. the tm2 and 3 are the same footprint as a standard tele lead pickup. the only difference is that the mounting screw holes are in different places, but they don't show. they will not however fit through the hole in a fender style bridge.

olectric
11-02-2006, 09:57 PM
i had a TM2 in the bridge of my HTC. it was AWESOME for rock, but i wanted more twang, so i dropped a TV3 in it.

man, drilling holes for the TV3's mounting screws made me nervous.

GaryMcT
11-16-2006, 03:00 AM
Ah ha!!!!! I didn't think you'd be able to go from TD and TV to TM!!!!! That certainly gives me an option if the noise start bugging me. :) Sweeeeeet.

Do the holes overlap at all? TD and TV are the same holes, right?

tom
11-16-2006, 11:58 AM
td and tv are the same. tm has all 3 in different places.

michaelomiya
11-16-2006, 04:32 PM
If one wanted to swap out an M1 to a TV1 or TD1, then the only change would be to getting a new pickguard?

The body route with an M is large enough to accomodate a TV/TD, correct?

tom
11-16-2006, 04:45 PM
correct. if you go to a t series pickup, you should add vintage voicing or it will sound a bit brighter on top than it should. the cavity is big enough in the body.

michaelomiya
11-16-2006, 06:49 PM
correct. if you go to a t series pickup, you should add vintage voicing or it will sound a bit brighter on top than it should. the cavity is big enough in the body.

thank you sir!;)