PDA

View Full Version : Authorized repair centers?

admiralfish
02-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Are there authorized repair centers for Anderson guitars? I bought my Anderson (just last week) in Cherry Hill, but it's a bit far away from me. I was wondering if there was a place nearby I could take it to get setup when I needed to.

pluto
02-02-2004, 06:13 PM
I asked this question via email to Tom years ago and the answer I got was that Bruce N., who is a part time employee at Anderson, was the only authorized Anderson repair person. If you've seen Bruce's work, I think you would know why. When I wanted to "redo" a used cobra s that I bought (new neck, replacement of hardware and bridge), I sent it to him and the work and set up was incredible.

admiralfish
02-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks. I know if I ever need something "invasive" done to my droptop, I'll send it right to him.

But for a simple setup, is there anywhere around me (Trenton, nj)that I can trust my guitar to? I know the basics of setting up a guitar, but I'm squeamish when it comes to working on this one. I've never owned such a nice, well-made guitar, and I don't want to mess it up.

Hollow Cobra S
02-03-2004, 10:38 AM
If you don't minding driving to the city, try Imai Custom Guitars. Norio Imai, who worked for Roger Sadowsky for 13 years, set up my Anderson Classic and Drop Top and did some repairs on my Baker guitars.
His number is 212 675 8404.

SteveK
02-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Bill, the tech at Dave's Sound Repair in Whippany NJ is absolutely 1st class! He's done any guitar work that I was afraid to do myself, and the results are always great! Dave the electronics guy takes care of all the electronics stuff for me also. Fantastic work, extremely honest and trustworthy, highly reccommended! :D

michaelomiya
02-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by pluto
I asked this question via email to Tom years ago and the answer I got was that Bruce N., who is a part time employee at Anderson, was the only authorized Anderson repair person. If you've seen Bruce's work, I think you would know why. When I wanted to "redo" a used cobra s that I bought (new neck, replacement of hardware and bridge), I sent it to him and the work and set up was incredible.

Bruce is the BOMB. I've had both of guitars worked on by Bruce and his work is excellent.:D (as are ALL Anderson employees)