PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Brian at Charley's for my new Anderson!

theatomicjeff
10-23-2006, 08:24 PM
I went to the Arlington Guitar Show this last weekend on Saturday to get a good look at Brian's items that I'd been eyeing from his website. Loved them all but thought, "eh - I better not buy today". Sunday I'm sitting home with remorse thinking, "Man, I gotta go see that guitar again".

Ended up taking it home. Thank you, Brian = it was a pleasure!
http://i14.tinypic.com/43gjc52.jpg

http://i14.tinypic.com/2qnb43a.jpg

sean
10-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Congrats.
That is a great looking guitar.
I was at the show Saturday.Saw the Tags and played a couple.Great as usual.

theatomicjeff
10-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks Sean!

Sixx
10-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Very nice. I had my eye on that one since he got it. I came very close to pulling the trigger on it about two weeks ago. It is a great playing guitar.

BrianH
10-25-2006, 12:45 PM
That is a great guitar and the pleasure was all mine (Bert/Sixx came so close, but made out just fine in the end).

theatomicjeff
10-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys! Good grief, I'm really digging the heck out of this thing. What an absolute beauty to play.

BoraBora
10-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Congrats, that's a great looking guitar. :)

theatomicjeff
11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Congrats, that's a great looking guitar. :)
Thanks BB! I take you have an appreciation for blue guitars? ;)

BoraBora
11-02-2006, 01:27 AM
I love blue guitars, just ask Michael Omiya. :D

michaelomiya
11-02-2006, 10:44 AM
I love blue guitars, just ask Michael Omiya. :D

EVERY one he owns!:eek: :D
James is to blue as football is to USC.:rolleyes:

theatomicjeff
11-02-2006, 08:26 PM
More Andersons need Floyds and maple fretboards. :cool: Someday I'll order a custom.

michaelomiya
11-02-2006, 10:35 PM
More Andersons need Floyds and maple fretboards. :cool:

aaaamen brother!!!!;) :D

floyds, maple necks AND black hardware!!!
http://www.anubz.com/smilies/rocker.gif

theatomicjeff
11-03-2006, 10:37 PM
aaaamen brother!!!!;) :D

floyds, maple necks AND black hardware!!!
http://www.anubz.com/smilies/rocker.gif
Mike, you had 2 of 3 correct: chrome h/w. :)

Mr. Anderson, I can't tell you how much I'm pleased with this guitar. It's probably the finest I've owned/played and I've owned some 70+ guitars over 30 years. Unbelievable craftsmenship. One of these days you'll build me a custom, sir.

http://i14.tinypic.com/2lvfwhs.jpg

GaryMcT
11-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Wow. . what a shot!

theatomicjeff
11-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks Gary! As you can probably tell, I'm very proud/pleased with my setup.

kccheers
11-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Jeff, congrats on the new guitar! I am also lovin' that Cobra S!

A bit off topic, tell me about the Dabeck amp in the pic if you would.

Sam from KC

BoraBora
11-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Wow, that is really a striking gear shot. :)

theatomicjeff
11-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Jeff, congrats on the new guitar! I am also lovin' that Cobra S!

A bit off topic, tell me about the Dabeck amp in the pic if you would.

Sam from KC
Thanks guys!

Hey Gary McT, that finish on your Droptop is absolutely killer, sir.

Sam, That's quite a collection you have = that Cobra S Special 04-28-06N is unbelievable! The Dabeck amp is made by Dave Smith here in the Dallas area. I've known Dave a couple years and met him at one of the Dallas Guitar shows. He's a heck of a nice guy and can build/voice an amp just about any way you want it. I got lucky and found this one used on Ebay for about 1/2 the normal price. I had seen it at Dave's house before he shipped it to the guy so I already knew it would be a great buy. The clean channel isn't as loud as the gain channel because of the previous owners requirements but the cascaded gain gives off a lot of high-gained, get-up-and-go or can be very subtle. The specs are as follows:

50 watts - single input with two separate channels.
Two cascaded gain controls.
One volume control for the clean/crunch channel.
Treble, middle, bass. It's very mid-heavy.
Parallel speaker jacks.
4,8,16 Ohms switchable.
Main and B+ fuses.
Footswitch jack.
Three 12AX7 pre-amp tubes.
Two EL34 output tubes.

It's a beauty and the variety of tones are practically endless. Unfortunately the previous owner ordered it without an FX loop so I had to persue FX pedals that sounded great going straight into the amp but I found a good match. Dave can build these anyway you want them. I've test driven quite of few of his amps. His JTM-45 clones are to die for and so are his bluesy combos. The clips on his website only represent a fraction of tones available from his amps. He really listens to his customers requirements and guarantees his amps with a lifetime warranty.

Here's his website:
http://www.dabeckcustomamps.com/index.htm

Hope this helps! Sorry if this sounds like a Dabeck commercial but the guy really is terrific.
Jeff

kccheers
11-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Thanx for the info Jeff.

That Cobra S was a "morph" of something I have always wanted: a Pete Townsend SG with the 2 P90s. So I talked Roy into building me the "Andy" version. Funny thing though....I finally found and took delivery this week of a PT SG!

I definately will give Dave a call. Currently I have 2 Dr Z amps: an RxES head and a Stingray head, both with 2x12 cabs, but I have been wanting to get into the "gainier" territory for a while, and this would probably fill the bill.

All the Best

Sam

theatomicjeff
11-05-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey Sam,
That custom ordered P-90 is really beautiful. I can only imagine the tones you're getting. :cool: Playing that into one of your Dr.Z's should spank like crazy.

How do you like both the Stingray and RxES? I haven't read up on Z's in awhile and I forget - aren't one of those the 2-channeled amp with one channel being a KT-45? I used to own a KT-45 and I regret selling it. I don't like the Z's at lower volume but when you crank them to about 1-2 o'clock and find that sweet drive, they're magic. I loved boosting the 45 with a good clean boost pedal. I think Dr.Z's are about the best "clean slated" amps there are for those of us who like to use FX. You're a lucky guy to have 2 Dr.Z's. You've got a heck of a rig yourself, bro!