PDA

View Full Version : Locking down tremolo

picnic
10-04-2006, 01:05 PM
My Hollow T has the tremolo feature which I don't use. When I rest my palm on the bridge and press just a little too hard, the pitch is affected.

A primer on locking it down would be greatly appreciated. I have a good idea what I should do, but some experienced advice may save a problem if I'm wrong.

Thanks

tom
10-04-2006, 02:59 PM
just tighten the screws that hold the spring claw in the back. it shouldn't take much.

G-Man
10-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Yeah sounds like you have the bridge setup to float, which would cause the pitch to go sharp if you press down on it. Like Tom said just tighten the claw-screws in the trem cavity until the bridge is flush with the body. Also, if you dont plan on using the trem then you should tighten the screws enough that the bridge wont lift off the body under heavy string bends (this causes other strings to go flat). Hope this helps :)

picnic
10-05-2006, 07:10 PM
I tightened the two screws down, not flush to the wood, but tight enough to solve the problem. Works fine

Thanks

G-Man
10-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Sorry, I should clarify: I didn't mean tighten the screws until *they* were flush with the wood - that would be WAY to much :eek: - but rather that the plate of the bridge is flush against the guitar top :)