PDA

View Full Version : T Classic content

HiG
09-24-2006, 01:38 PM
As a certified tele nut, I have searched for a basic T Classic for some time now, but wanted to be able to go try it out before I bought. I already have a Hollow T Droptop Classic and have had several different Andersons, but I wanted one that I could drive nails with. Well, Charleys had a Swamp Ash with maple fingerboard in Butterscotch so I went over to check it out. Talk about spank! Notes came out of it like hammer blows - exactly what I've always wanted in this style of instrument, but with a greater bandwidth than I was expecting. Overtones out the kazoo with a fundamental that will knock you off your feet. I didn't even flinch and a few short minutes later after talking to Brian, I was on my way home with my new friend. Once there, I ran a taste test against my other branded t-style instruments and it simply decimated the others in the spank and twang department. While my Hollow T has a refined sound with notes that glow, this one is a raw, no-excuses, take no prisoners instrument with incomparable playability. If you're tired of wrestling the notes out of your other branded T-style fiddle, you've gotta try one of these. I am hopelessly in love (again)

Guitarded
09-24-2006, 03:45 PM
pics please!

Stys
09-24-2006, 04:17 PM
I agree!! My T Classics have become my go to guitar and for recording rock lead tones, the neck TV pickups creates such a nice woody tone.

I use too think this style guitar was a wimpy type of instrument. I was soon proved wrong as notes flew from my anmp with authority and conviction. No contours just simple alder planks finished in Candy Apple Red and Ice Blue, '62 rounback and a rosewood board.

sean
09-24-2006, 06:35 PM
I have a 1990 Hollow T classic swamp ash with a .030" oversized Large 50's V neck carve.This Tele is awesome.Everything a Tele should be and more.My Hollow Atom is from this year and is equaly awesome.So many tones from a Single cut.Very impressive.I'm alsways on the look out for a solid T Classic with the same neck but,I think I'll have to have one made.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/1957gold/AndersonAtom004.jpg

HiG
09-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Here's a pic. I'm not sure how you guys get those large ones to post. I'm basically computer illiterate (I know- a bad thing these days). I was finally able to put it down long enough to snap this. Not a lot of flash but sure has a lot of bash. Nice Hollow T there Sean, and I agree wholeheartedly about what Stys said about it being a great rock guitar as well.

HiG
09-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Here's a blowup of the body. The neck is a .050" over 1 11/16 which is perfect for me.

BrianH
09-27-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm so happy to hear that you love it - truly a great example of a killer T Classic.

dave
09-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Here's a pic. I'm not sure how you guys get those large ones to post. I'm basically computer illiterate (I know- a bad thing these days). I was finally able to put it down long enough to snap this. Not a lot of flash but sure has a lot of bash. Nice Hollow T there Sean, and I agree wholeheartedly about what Stys said about it being a great rock guitar as well.
I'm pretty backward too in the loading pic's department - has anyone got an idiots/plain english guide to how to load them?

HiG
09-30-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm so happy to hear that you love it - truly a great example of a killer T Classic.

Thanks again Brian. You've got a really nice shop with a very comfortable atmosphere. I'll be on the lookout for an Alder Classic with the same neck size and shape but with a rosewood board. Cheers,

Marko

enr1co
09-30-2006, 02:02 PM

There are a few low cost photo hosting services available. Your ISP service
may even have the option as part of your subscription.
I upload my photos to andale.com. From the uploaded photos, you click on the "insert image" tool bar icon ( its square yellow one with the mountain and sun image). It will prompt you to cut and past the url address of your
hosted photo and then hit "OK" to add it to your post.

Hope this helps!

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3577307/2006/9/30/IMG_1989_1_.JPG

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3577307/2006/9/30/IMG_1990_1_.JPG

FFOGG
10-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Nice Guitar Is The Pickguard Black Or Tortoise Shell

HiG
10-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks enr1co, I'll give it a shot and see if I can post some better pics.

Thanks FFOGG, it is a matte black pickguard, but I'm tempted to order a Tortoise shell one.