PDA

View Full Version : Cobra S - Cleaning out closet

Tremendo
09-22-2006, 12:36 PM
I bought this guitar off this forum almost a year ago, my 1st Anderson, loved the tone, the neck was too thick for me (62 Roundback). I immediately bought a new Cobra S with the thinner neck which fit me better. I bought this used from the original owner, I played it for a couple weeks, then my new one showed up, and it's been in my closet, taken out only a couple times in 10 months. I slightly lowered the action when I first got it, plays great. Absolutely new condition. Stainless frets, serial # 07-23-03P. If nobody here is interested, I will post elsewhere then ebay. Original case.

From the Tom Anderson site:

Price - $3,610.00
Model - Cobra S
Body Finish - Sparkle Gold with Binding
Body Wood - Figured Maple Top on Mahogany
Neck Wood - Mahogany, Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Matching Headstock, Satin Back
Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape - '62 Roundback Cobra
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Non-Tremolo Fixed Power Bridge
Pickguard -
Pickups - H1- H2+
Switching - 5 Way, Pull on Tone Knob splits middle position
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n251/tremendonet/1.jpg

Tremendo
09-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Last chance here.... I'm going to send her to ebay in the next day or so. Really a great axe, awesome price too.

Tremendo
09-28-2006, 12:59 PM
On eBay with new outdoor pictures. They look much better outside. $1500 starting bid, no reserve, shipping $40 to USA, insurance included.

guitarzan
09-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Your backyard reminds me of where I grew up in Houston. Thanks for the flashback. Nice guitar, too.

Tremendo
09-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Your backyard reminds me of where I grew up in Houston. Thanks for the flashback. Nice guitar, too.
Yep, Kingwood Texas, a north-eastern part of Houston.

eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150040053016&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:11

guitarzan
09-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Kingwood's beautiful. My folks had some friends/business partners that probly still live over in Kingwood. We were in Spring.

good luck with the sale.

Tremendo
10-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Kingwood's beautiful. My folks had some friends/business partners that probly still live over in Kingwood. We were in Spring.

good luck with the sale.

Yeah, and I like the small community thing here. We did an outdoor "block party" gig here 2 days ago, kind of a practice gig for my band. By setting up a block party, we get a big mixed audience. People just wander over, and before you know it, many coolers of beers, grills with hot dogs, etc, kids on skateboards and loud rock and roll. I put a video on my band's site, if you care to watch (look under Audio). www.KingwoodMusic.com How's that site name for digging Kingwood?

BTW - Cobra S has hit minimum bid of $1,500, so it will sell in the next 2-3 days.

Tremendo
10-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Sold today