PDA

View Full Version : busted by my wife

tom
08-30-2006, 12:36 PM
we had some space on the hang tag and decided to put a little line about us. this is what we decided to put.
Our goal is that you enjoy playing/owning your guitar as much as we enjoyed making it for you.

this is what my wife thought we should put.
Our wish/goal is that playing/owning/staring at it in the case/fiddling with/buying pedals for/driving your significant other bonkers with blah-blah about your guitar provides as much satisfaction for you as creating it did for us.

GuitarNorton
08-30-2006, 12:41 PM
LMAO that's too funny my wife would agree with her.
Nice tag saying! I like it.

mbrown3
08-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Yep, I think my wife would agree too!

Barry
08-30-2006, 02:28 PM
That is good stuff. My wife always asks, "where does it all end "? when i tell i need a new guitar or some other piece of gear . She actually works in a music shop so by the time she gets home she doesnt want to hear about the fine print of the guitar world . Hey, its a sickness guys and we're all afflicted .I noticed that my new Anderson particularly gets her attention beucause is so resonant and loud when she is trying to watch TV . She just gave me that look the other night, you married guys know the look, right ?

mbrown3
08-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Definitely. The look.

pipedwho
08-30-2006, 05:58 PM
It's funny, because it's true! :) :D

Guitarded
08-30-2006, 07:48 PM
true... true...
I don't know what your ladies are into but mine is a quilter... I have encouraged her and praised her and never said a word about what she has spent over the last few years on quilty stuff... boy! that can add up, too!... it doesn't usually cost as much as my stuff, but it is much more often and regular, so it's a saw-off... but what a great way to get along!
btw... anybody out there got a really nice sewing machine you want to consider selling?

michaelomiya
08-30-2006, 09:39 PM
we had some space on the hang tag and decided to put a little line about us. this is what we decided to put.
Our goal is that you enjoy playing/owning your guitar as much as we enjoyed making it for you.

this is what my wife thought we should put.
Our wish/goal is that playing/owning/staring at it in the case/fiddling with/buying pedals for/driving your significant other bonkers with blah-blah about your guitar provides as much satisfaction for you as creating it did for us.

tom that scored BIG points over here at the homestead. The wife says, "now there's a company who truly understands how their products effect/impact their customers". :p I kinda think that it reads more like mutual commiseration (by spouses). :D

AndyK
08-31-2006, 08:33 AM
My wife asked me to mark the center of my guitars, so if we get divorced, she'll know where to start sawing :eek:

Think I better hide the Drop Top when it arrives!!

1990hollow-t
08-31-2006, 02:08 PM
My first Andy nearly got me divorced in 1991 when my wife of a couple of months found out I had spent £1200 a new guitar cos I'd told her a little white lie when I first brought it home by telling her it had only cost £500......then she heard me telling a friend on the phone the real price... :o doh!Big trouble!But 15 years on I still have the same understanding wife,two Andys and 15 Fenders!! :)

MEP
08-31-2006, 05:38 PM
At least you know that your wife understands you, whether or not she approves :D :) :D

kccheers
08-31-2006, 05:59 PM
My wifey LOVES Tom Anderson Guitars.....:):):)

http://kccheers.smugmug.com/photos/65862283-M.jpg

Barry
08-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Ok, Lets hear it. What did you have to do to get her to agree to that ? Laundry, cook dinner , ??

kccheers
08-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Dude, look 2 inches north on the same finger.....

kccheers
08-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Oh, and Tom, the fingernail polish under the "A".....Ruby Slippers. I kid you not.

Barry
08-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Dude, look 2 inches north on the same finger.....
Yeah, but she already had the ring . you doing laundry or something . Go ahead and tell us . we wont think you are any less a man. LMAO, only kidding .

Guitarded
09-01-2006, 08:48 AM
actually, it comes down to a straightforward deal... she can have it one way or the other... one woman, many guitars, or one guitar, many women... she gets to choose

AndyK
09-01-2006, 10:13 AM
actually, it comes down to a straightforward deal... she can have it one way or the other... one woman, many guitars, or one guitar, many women... she gets to choose

Amen!! :D

wreckfan
09-01-2006, 09:31 PM
how about something like - "we hope you enjoy this guitar as much as your significant other is going to enjoy the shoes, jewelry and designer purses that she is going to buy when she finds out you got this" .......

mbrown3
09-01-2006, 10:05 PM
how about something like - "we hope you enjoy this guitar as much as your significant other is going to enjoy the shoes, jewelry and designer purses that she is going to buy when she finds out you got this" .......

:D :D :D

njjessee
09-02-2006, 06:37 AM
Yep... that's the way it works around my home. When I check the funds for the purchase, I also have to include money for jewelry. My last guitar purchase came with a tennis braclet!

I couldn't think of a more appropriate line for the hang tag. It might serve more of a warning though, so Tom - I wouldn't put it on there.... your sales might decline when the true cost of the purchase is considered!

Maybe I should talk to the guys at Richmond Music about adding a jewelry counter beside the checkout!

michaelomiya
09-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Yep... that's the way it works around my home. When I check the funds for the purchase, I also have to include money for jewelry. My last guitar purchase came with a tennis braclet!

I couldn't think of a more appropriate line for the hang tag. It might serve more of a warning though, so Tom - I wouldn't put it on there.... your sales might decline when the true cost of the purchase is considered!

Maybe I should talk to the guys at Richmond Music about adding a jewelry counter beside the checkout!

+1. Everytime, and I mean everytime, I get a new guitar, the wife gets a new piece of jewlery. So basically when a new Anderson or any other guitar comes into the house (w/ my name all over it), add another $2500 to the purchase price. You'd think that spending $4-5K on a guitar is a deterrent. Evidently it hasn't "registered" with me yet! :eek: :rolleyes:

FFOGG
09-03-2006, 10:14 PM
that's the way it works around my home. When I check the funds for the purchase, I also have to include money for jewelry. My last guitar purchase came with a tennis braclet!

I thoughtthat was only my house

michaelomiya
09-03-2006, 10:28 PM
that's the way it works around my home. When I check the funds for the purchase, I also have to include money for jewelry. My last guitar purchase came with a tennis braclet! I thoughtthat was only my house

looks like we need to establish an Anderson support group - and not for the spouses - but for the players! :eek: :rolleyes:

dave
09-04-2006, 09:13 AM
looks like we need to establish an Anderson support group - and not for the spouses - but for the players! :eek: :rolleyes:

Count me in!
I'm still in credit though - just bought the wife a piano, so should be good for a few more guitars yet! :cool:

Suriel Zayas
09-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Count me in!
I'm still in credit though - just bought the wife a piano, so should be good for a few more guitars yet! :cool:

what did you get her a steinway "d" ?

FFOGG
09-04-2006, 04:13 PM
If I bough my wife a piano ...I would still owe her jewelry ,,,,,,,

wreckfan
09-04-2006, 08:04 PM
There are a couple "qualifiers" - new shoes or purses that have been in the trunk of the car more than 24 hours are considered "exempt" as they fall into the "I've had them for a long time" catagory !!

Tremendo
09-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I picked up 2 Cobra S's about 9 months ago, 1 brand new. My wife never really noticed they were new ones. She does like them though. She is very conservative with $, but I take care of her anyway. She did notice the custom made guitar that I got a couple months ago. Being that Dan Lawrence painted my old nickname on it, it was tough to have that slide through.

michaelomiya
09-05-2006, 05:29 PM
There are a couple "qualifiers" - new shoes or purses that have been in the trunk of the car more than 24 hours are considered "exempt" as they fall into the "I've had them for a long time" catagory !!

no kidding on that one. I'd like to offer up that those "suffering" from "Anderson Procurement Syndrome" (the other word would be "acquisition" and that'd be a bad acronym) be allowed to use this same reasoning. "Sorry honey, it's actually not a new guitar, it's been here for several weeks now....." :p :rolleyes:

michaelomiya
09-05-2006, 05:29 PM
If I bough my wife a piano ...I would still owe her jewelry ,,,,,,,
ain't that the truth!

dave
09-12-2006, 03:33 AM
what did you get her a steinway "d" ?
a really nice upright Bechstein - should give me scope for another 3 guitars by my reckoning ;) !!

dave
09-12-2006, 03:36 AM
no kidding on that one. I'd like to offer up that those "suffering" from "Anderson Procurement Syndrome" (the other word would be "acquisition" and that'd be a bad acronym) be allowed to use this same reasoning. "Sorry honey, it's actually not a new guitar, it's been here for several weeks now....." :p :rolleyes:
and as it's going to get used, maybe you should be allowed to deduct depreciation?

michaelomiya
09-13-2006, 10:11 AM
and as it's going to get used, maybe you should be allowed to deduct depreciation?

heh,heh, sounding like a true accountant....wait, I think I'll try that one! :D (at least on the wife, if that works, I'll try it on the tax guy!)