PDA

View Full Version : Question

Casper
01-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Being the novice at tech stuff that I am, I wonder if someone could answer what should be a simple question:

I had my classic set up a month ago. The band has been off for 3 weeks and I really haven't touched it much (been trying to handle problems with my drop). Anyway, I restrung it the other night and was playing and I noticed the action (height) had creeped up. I looked down the neck and it looked straight as always...

Just because the neck looks straight, does it mean that I can't give it a tweak to lower the action back down?? I figured the saddles haven't moved any and I use the same strings all the time. The temperature in my upstairs music room is usually 68-70 degrees and since I recently discovered I don't have a lot of humidity, I had been keeping it in my gig bag instead of out in the open. It hasn';t been through any radical temp changes, so I ASSUME its a neck adjustment..?
Any thoughts..?
Shaun

tom
01-29-2004, 06:35 PM
most likely neck adjustment. make sure you are checking using the string as a straight edge not relying on your eyes looking down the edge of the neck. there are many tricks wood grain can play on your eyes.