PDA

View Full Version : anderson classic body shape

andersonfan
01-28-2004, 09:26 AM
hi guys,
for those of you that have anderson classics...is the body shape like a fender strat...i'm looking for a body shape that's like a strat and not like a drop top...

thanks for your time...

Brad Scott
01-28-2004, 11:07 AM
The Classic is definitely more traditional in shape than the Drop Top, but is still more modernly streamlined and contoured (especially the neck heel) than the original Strat design.

tom
01-28-2004, 11:49 PM
classics, drop tops and cobra s's are exactly the same shape. it is 3/16" smaller around the perimiter than a strat. the bottom cutaway is a bit deeper than that. all our guitars other than the crowdster are .050" thinner than a traditional strat. the rounded edges of the classic make it look a bit different than the drop top. we do some drop tops without the binding edge with rounded edges like the classic.

Brad Scott
01-29-2004, 08:01 AM
Thanks, Tom. I wasn't aware the Classic and Drop Top shared the same exact shape; I guess it's the rounded edges on the Classic that gave me the impression it was a different carve from the DT.

mbrown3
01-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Are you talking Drop Tops, or Drop Top Classics? Because the standard Drop Top looks quite a bit different than the Classic or DT Classic, no? I LOVE my Hollow DT Classic, it sits and feels better than any strat I've ever played (the contour is JUST RIGHT), and sounds a GREAT deal better too!

tom
01-29-2004, 06:33 PM
all the same size and shape. the pickguard and binding are optical delusions.