PDA

View Full Version : "Never Played"

sylvanshine
07-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Man it bugs me when you see eBay ads for 5+ year old guitars that say "Mint. Never Played". Really? Is it? :rolleyes:

guitarzan
07-20-2006, 12:21 PM
on one hand, I love it, because it means I'm getting a new guitar for used prices. But on the other, I get a little pissy that folks can have so much disposable income that they can buy REEEEAAAALLLY nice guitars and not even have the time to love on them.

nickdahl
07-20-2006, 12:22 PM
I always take it as an euphemism for "in really, really good shape."

Nick

dkaplowitz
07-20-2006, 07:25 PM
I always take it as an euphemism for "in really, really good shape."
Or for "I dare you to find proof that this thing's ever been played". You could always ask the seller if he means it wasn't played by the person/people who made it either. :D

olectric
07-20-2006, 09:05 PM
i asked him, and he said that it was a backup for his other cobra. he has a LOT of guitars for sale. some others are listed as "never played" as well.

olectric
07-20-2006, 09:10 PM
check out his feedback....something funny's goin on there...

dannopelli
07-21-2006, 08:44 AM
check out his feedback....something funny's goin on there...

Yeah take a close look and you'll see that he has only EVER sold eight items. Much of his feedback is from one seller. Now all of a sudden he is dumping a boatlaod of CS level and vintage geetars?

It looks to me like someone hijacked an ID and is perpetrating a fraud.

olectric
07-21-2006, 09:18 AM
all that feedback from one seller makes me think that both IDs are his, or the seller is a buddy of his. the funny thing is that, while he has 706 *total* positive feedbacks, his rating is 478. all those multiples from the same user ID really don't do anything for the rating. maybe that's why he stopped performing the transactions between the two accounts. or....

maybe he really does have a use for 200+ instructional books. and if he really does own all of those guitars, maybe it is feasible that he hasn't even touched a couple of them like he claims. when i first saw his list of items for sale, i thought a boutique instrument dealer was going out of business and parting their stuff out on ebay. who knows?

:rolleyes: