PDA

View Full Version : mesa V twin pedal ??

replayboy
07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi, Can anyone give me any insight to using a Mesa V twin pedal? are they still available? It was suggested to me as a good "tone" machine between my TA and speakers ??

Woodash
07-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Both the pedal and rackmount units are only available used as far as I know. I use a V-Twin in a stereo rackmount system with a VHT 2-90-2 power amp for pedal steel. For this application, I use it mostly clean with a bit of grit dialed in. It's a great preamp IMO, but that's for a different application that what you're probably looking for. Pretty dern near as good as it gets for a rack system for steel, though.

replayboy
07-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey thanks Woodash,
The more i look at it the more it appeals, anyone else got anything constructive to say about it?

FFOGG
07-12-2006, 06:58 PM
I was thinking about getting one also

wreckfan
07-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I had one several years ago for a very short time. A nice bullet-proof pedal.
Recto "buzz" in high gain settings - not much to shout about on the lower gain settings. I did also have a dual recto tremoverb at the time and it clearly was a clone of the high gain settings but did not have the warm cleans that the amp was capable of.

I generally liked the pedal - but there are a lot of pedals that I liked better for low to medium gain better.....a Fulldrive II got me closer to what I was looking for - but I always seem to go back to my (old) trusty Ibanez Tube Screamer/delay/compressor setup and occasionally add in the Fulldrive for higher gain................

mbrown3
08-20-2006, 05:47 PM
I've had one on my board for several years and it will never leave (unless it dies totally). Dialed in right, it adds a totally different clean channel to whatever amp you're using (it can be very useful), and the gain channel is unbelievable with the right tubes...if it suits your style/taste. I don't have much use for the blues mode, and I find I have to tweak the gain settings a bit for each guitar/amp combo, but man it's a good sounding pedal when dialed in. I got a few good sets of NOS tubes and they made it even better. Great stuff, IMO.