PDA

View Full Version : My first Anderson

G-Man
06-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Very recently acquired my first Anderson - a Hollow Drop Top, koa on basswood, M1/M1/H2+, vintage trem. It is easily the best guitar I have ever played; very resonant, the fretwork is immaculate and the pickups are so clear! I notice a distinctly prolonged note decay compared with other pickups I have tried, and harmonics just leap from these things. Also seem to have plenty of power on tap when called for. They just sound amazing all-round :eek:

So a big thanks to Tom and co. for a wonderful guitar - this one's definitely a keeper :)

Woodash
06-28-2006, 06:27 PM
She's a beaut. Congratulations!

GaryMcT
06-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Very very nice!

enr1co
06-29-2006, 12:48 AM
Congrats on this Koa HDT!

I was the original buyer of that one but sold it off a couple months after purchasing it from Gelb Music, Redwood City CA -a knee jerk reaction from getting "right sized" from my workplace.

Its a beauty and glad to see its found a nice home across the pond in the good hands of a forum member :)

G-Man
06-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Cheers enr1co! I certainly wouldn't have believed it was anything but factory fresh when I got it, such was it's condition - so thanks for looking after it so nicely :D

enr1co
06-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi G,

It was factory fresh when I sold it off after two months. I snagged it
as Gelb just put it out on display being the koa nut and it having the cool
MMH p/u config. Didnt get to touch it much at the time with all the work stuff going on at the time. The second owner looks to have kept it factory fresh longer than myself :)

Have fun with it!

cheers,
enrico

sean
06-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Very nice! :eek:
That is a beautiful piece of Koa.
Anderson's will spoil you.