PDA

View Full Version : My new One...

jimmieb
01-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Dear Friends of the Andie,

Well I have made the commitment to a new Cobra. Hollow to be specific. We're looking at a Hollow Cobra with a rosewood neck, H2/m3/m1 pick ups, quilt upcharge, gold hardware, heavy frets, 1 11/16" nut, vintage trem, slim Cobra, standard switching,
and of course, Cajun Red. I'm thinking about names for the baby.
I favor Cyan... Cyan Pepper. Wow! Talk about sticker shock. Still it's worth every penny, and I'm fortunate to be getting it. I'm looking at some time in July. I love the suspention of waiting.

Jimmie B:D

michaelomiya
01-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by jimmieb
Dear Friends of the Andie,

Well I have made the commitment to a new Cobra. Hollow to be specific. We're looking at a Hollow Cobra with a rosewood neck, H2/m3/m1 pick ups, quilt upcharge, gold hardware, heavy frets, 1 11/16" nut, vintage trem, slim Cobra, standard switching,
and of course, Cajun Red. I'm thinking about names for the baby.
I favor Cyan... Cyan Pepper. Wow! Talk about sticker shock. Still it's worth every penny, and I'm fortunate to be getting it. I'm looking at some time in July. I love the suspention of waiting.

Jimmie B:D

Hey Jimmie from San Dimas. Awesome choice - TACo necks are the best (got 2 of 'em myself!). If you don't mind me prying, who did you end up placing the order with?

jimmieb
01-24-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by michaelomiya
Hey Jimmie from San Dimas. Awesome choice - TACo necks are the best (got 2 of 'em myself!). If you don't mind me prying, who did you end up placing the order with?

Michael,

Buying it from Steve Mesple' at Wildwood Guitars. They always take good care of me. I've bought three PRS, three Taylors, three Martins, two Strats, one Schecter, and five Andies in Cajun Red...
Sing it to the 12 days of Christmas... Hmmm? Doesn't really work,
bad phrasing problems. Anyway, all that to say, "Steve has always been fair priced and generally very nice to work with. I actually worked for him in the mid 80's. We are still great friends.
Steve is an extremely talented player. He co-orginated a band called 'Wind Machine'. His two sons Taylor and Ethan played
Keyboards and percussion in the band. Both are extemely gifted young men and both great humans.

I'm rambling, I'm counting the days till July!!!

Jimmie B

John Price
01-24-2004, 09:56 AM
:cool:
Looks to me like it's going to be another killer Anderson! Let us know when it arrives and how you like it!!!...

Tom Gross
01-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Yeah, it sounds great.
Can't wait to see pics.