PDA

View Full Version : How chinky is a 62 roundback neck

LarryL
05-29-2006, 08:57 PM
On a hollow contour T? How does it feel in comparison with a Cobra standard neck, or a HDT standard neck?

Thanks,
Larry

tom
05-30-2006, 12:57 PM
we are in the process of changing our neck shape names so they will hopefully be more meaningfull. here's a rough version. what has been our ta std neck will be our even taper neck. it has very little taper from end to end and is slim. what was the 62 roundback, will be the 60's vibe. this one has lots of taper, starts out small and goes to almost full depth at the heel. what was the cobra will become the happy medium since it is right between the two. the same names will be used for both scale lengths so there won't be confusion between waht is standard on which one.

sylvanshine
05-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Not that you asked Tom, but I like the names...straight leg, bell bottoms and boot cut. It works for jeans, why not guitars?

billyguitar
05-30-2006, 03:33 PM
I have two TA contour Ts. One is solid and one is hollow. My solid has the '62 roundback and that neck shape is wonderful for me. My hollow has the standard neck and I get more cramping when I play it.
Some questions, Mr Tom:
Is it possible to get a '62 roundback, all maple neck for that guitar?
If so how long and how much?
This guitar is already a bit neck heavy, would it get any worse?

tom
05-30-2006, 03:53 PM
jay you must be psychic! those were our second choices.
billy, neck replacements are $500, which gets you a new neck of your choice painted and setup like new. i don't think the balance would be any different as the bit more bulk is all at the body end.