PDA

View Full Version : That new case smell, ahhhhhh

sylvanshine
01-22-2004, 11:52 AM
There are a handful of us Cobra faithful down here in Texas who weekly visit our favorite haunt in the hopes of grabbing that special Anderson before the other guy. Well, with all apologies to Andy, Jarrett, Justin and Bill- I declare myself this week's winner. This one even made it to the wall y'all!

I've owned 7 Cobras in the last 4 years and this new one is the most resonant, well-balanced, fire-breather I've owned. Thanks to Tom & Co. and of course Brian H. for this one.

http://www.sylvanshine.net/anderson.htm

grandamlam
01-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Sure is a beaut. Congrats.

Brad Scott
01-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Wow!

That's a head-turner. I'm sure it sounds amazing.

Thanks for sharing, and congrats.

pluto
01-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Very beautiful. The top pattern and color are too cool. I like the pickup covers too-I haven't seen too many Andersons with those. Is your guitar the most resonant Cobra you've played because it has hollow chambers or because it simply has the magic?

SteveK
01-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Congrats! Gorgeous guitar! :)

John Price
01-22-2004, 10:50 PM
That's Smokin!!!
All the best to you!!!!

:cool:

michaelomiya
01-22-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by sylvanshine
There are a handful of us Cobra faithful down here in Texas who weekly visit our favorite haunt in the hopes of grabbing that special Anderson before the other guy. Well, with all apologies to Andy, Jarrett, Justin and Bill- I declare myself this week's winner. This one even made it to the wall y'all!

I've owned 7 Cobras in the last 4 years and this new one is the most resonant, well-balanced, fire-breather I've owned. Thanks to Tom & Co. and of course Brian H. for this one.

http://www.sylvanshine.net/anderson.htm

This Cobra should certainly tied me over until April when my all black Floyd equipped Pro Am T monster arrives.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
WOW! NICE!

sylvanshine
01-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by pluto
Very beautiful. The top pattern and color are too cool. I like the pickup covers too-I haven't seen too many Andersons with those. Is your guitar the most resonant Cobra you've played because it has hollow chambers or because it simply has the magic?

Those aren't the original pickups. They are PAF clones made by Peter Florance that I put in all my guitars.

In terms of resonance, I think it's a combo of hollow, rosewood neck and a pinch of magic.

sonicparke
01-23-2004, 10:01 AM
So you like the Hollow/rosewood neck? How is the balance issue? This seems like a great combination. I'd love to be able to try one out. Did you have to order it that way or did they happen to have it in stock? I'm going to take a trip down there in the next few weeks/months to check them out. I hope they have one when I get there.

sylvanshine
01-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by sonicparke
So you like the Hollow/rosewood neck? How is the balance issue? This seems like a great combination. I'd love to be able to try one out. Did you have to order it that way or did they happen to have it in stock? I'm going to take a trip down there in the next few weeks/months to check them out. I hope they have one when I get there.

Balance is no problem. I have another solid Cobra with a rw neck that I posted about that is a tad neck heavy (but no problem). It's one Tom built for himself and it's a different variety of rw. Those tend to be tester guitars from what I've heard, so obviously those issues have been addressed.

This one weighs in at an even 7 lbs. The solid is 8lbs 2 oz.

It was ordered for a customer who came to pick it up and saw a DT Classic on the wall he wanted instead. Brian has a lot of great Andersons right now. I'd say easily a dozen. What are you looking for?

If you haven't, check out www.andersonalley.com and look at For Sale. Those are the used ones he has (more or less).

sonicparke
01-23-2004, 12:51 PM
I have no idea what I'm looking for...other than the cobra wood combinations. and most likely double hums. other than that I'm really not sure. I've been an acoustice player most of my life and it's only been the last few years than I've going into electric. I'm getting the pedals down and what sounds good and able to hear subtle differences now. I know when a guitar plays good and sounds good but I don't really know how to spec oune out the get what I want yet. A friend has a rosewood mccarty and I really like the wek the rosewook neck feels (and looks) so I think I'd like that but I need to hear it A/B's with a mahognay on an Anderson. At least I think I'd like and anderson...need ot paly one first but as far as I can tell they sound great and people seem to love them a whole lot. I've also thought about looking into McInturff's. seem to be a completely diffrent direction. so I'm just not sure yet. But I will be.

I did listen to a hollow cobra s and a cobra on the indoorstorm site. And from that I think I like the cobra better. But I jsut really need to play one before I make that decision.