PDA

View Full Version : Tom's Pickups are Kick Azz!

Dutch Oven
05-20-2006, 10:29 PM
First post here. I may never have the cash to afford one of Tom's (and his crews) fantastic guitars...but I have become a total fan of all your efforts in the pickups dept.

The H1 is wonderful, and the H3 is a thick, yet still articulate beast!

You fellas may not get a lot of major "play" compared to the bigger pickup names, but I wish all you the best. I may never buy another brand of pickups again.

Regards,

Dutch Oven

tom
05-21-2006, 06:25 PM
thanks, it's always nice to hear about someone finding what suits them. what did they go into?

Dutch Oven
05-22-2006, 07:06 PM
First, they went into a Gibson 335-S...but now they reside in an Epi LP. I am playing "musical chairs" with them. The H3 sounds better in the Epi...and will likely return the H1`back to the 335-S, where I can utilize the coil split switch, and combine it with my latest Anderson puchase:

I now have an HN2+ on order to for the 335-S. The HN2+ should arrive in the next few days! :D I thank Roy for his rapid tech answer about the magnet (Wow! It is "neo"!).

Here is my review of the H1/H3 set at the Seymour Duncan Forum:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72961&highlight=anderson+h3

I just love the seemingly large magnet flux region (whatever the tech term for it is) around your pickups. Great stuff top to bottom!

pipedwho
06-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the forum!

BTW, what did you think of the HN2+?