PDA

View Full Version : Right Coast or Left Coast

Stan Malinowski
08-22-2003, 06:41 AM
Topic of the day: Do you think the Anderson following is a) predominatly right coast, b) predominatly left coast or c) spread to all sections of our great country equally?

John Price
08-22-2003, 06:55 AM
Well I'm from the East Coast!:cool:

Stan Malinowski
08-22-2003, 06:57 AM
I'm also a right coaster!

Brad Scott
08-22-2003, 07:06 AM
I don't have that demographic info, so it's hard to say — (although I'm fairly sure Anderson has a pretty good idea). I would think that Andersons are slightly more predominant on the West coast. First of all, that's where they're made -- and secondly, I would think that the more modern vibe of Anderson in general would fit in better in the trendy L.A. scene.

I do know that when I ran in that L.A. studio circle years back, a few guys would bring their Andersons for session work, etc. Here on the East coast (Philly, New York), I mostly see more traditional gear (Fender/Gibson).

I'm sure Andersons are spread across the whole country, but I'm not sure where the concentration is.

JoeB63
08-22-2003, 09:43 AM
Texas :D

Rockerbob
08-22-2003, 12:56 PM
We sure like 'em here in the high country of central Colorado, even if they are made in the flatlands by the coast. :)

trpullen
08-23-2003, 12:00 AM
St. Louis baby!!!!!

Heppy
08-29-2003, 12:32 PM
UK here..!

Stan Malinowski
08-29-2003, 12:52 PM
UK here..!

EXTREME right coast (if you're going from NYC!!!)!!

Glad to have some international membership here!

Tom Gross
08-29-2003, 02:22 PM
I think it's more left coast, although there are many TA folks all over.
I'm in Virginia, and I am sure that the preponderance of PRS folks in the area, and the number of LA guitarists playing Andersons, does have something to do with being near the factories, although indirectly. The oldest and most established dealers of each happen to be in the areas. I do think the Internet is changing all that, though.

Kip
10-03-2003, 09:36 PM
Well, I'm a bit biased since I live about an hour away ... I got to stop by and have Tom show me the ropes of the new axe!

BrianH
10-07-2003, 10:22 AM
I see it as a big mix. I get pictures of anderson owners from all over the country. I've sold guitars to guy's in New York as well as all over the west coast, not to mention how many I've sent to Japan.
My hopes are that the word has spread everywhere on just how good these guitars are.