PDA

View Full Version : Middle Pickup Choice

njjessee
05-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Tom - thinking about a Cobra S with H S H pickup arrangement. I really like the looks of the fullsize humbuckers without the rings, but I'm wondering about the options for the middle pickup. Would an SA work or how about an M? I would use the middle pickup primarily in combination with either the bridge split or neck split.

tom
05-06-2006, 02:29 PM
we don't offer the s shape pickup on cobras. you can get an M1 though. to me it is more compatable tonally.

njjessee
05-06-2006, 06:40 PM
So would the M1 split be too weak in combination with say an H2 split in the bridge or an H1- minus split in the neck?

tom
05-07-2006, 01:29 PM
the split is very weak, it matches well with humbuckers without splitting.

dannopelli
05-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Noah,

Any time you'd like to take my Cobra S for a run go ahead. It is currently at Dave's house, so you just need to hook up with him. He also has a similar one with a fatter neck. M1 M1 M2.

I think you'd be surprised just how cool the M2 sounds. And if you want more output you can go to M3. The nice thing is the PUPS look well together on the guitar.

Did you see the Cobra S at RMC? They are nice. Almost went home with one.

BTW MINE IS NOT FOR SALE! :D

njjessee
05-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks Danno! I might just have to take you up on that offer. How's life treating you? Your pics were very special.

Noah

GaryMcT
05-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Don't forget the M1- when considering middle pickups! These are very sweet, especially in a mahagony/short-scale guitar. I recorded some clips with the M1- in another thread.