PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Crowther Audio Hot Cake

olectric
05-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Got one you're willing to part with? Lemmee know.

tom
05-03-2006, 11:33 AM
are we funny or what? there must be about 2 zillion od pedals out there, and we all wish there were 2 zillion and 1. just teasin' justin, i'm searching too. it's just fun, and pedals are so much cheaper than all the other parts of the chain. the hot cake does have a really nice voice, different than others i've tried. but i haven't tried all 2 zillion... yet

olectric
05-03-2006, 11:46 AM
it never ends, right? there's always some new pedal (or in my case, some older pedal) that you all of a sudden hear a bunch of hype about. fellow guitarists gush to no end, using all the right adjectives that push all the right buttons, and you decide that you NEED THAT PEDAL.

i've got my first fly date, and i don't know what the backline is going to give me ampwise, so i decided that i need a few ODs that sound very different from each other. Guitarzan calls this "having a Reducibly Complex Tone Platter." i'm eagerly awaiting his finished thesis on the topic.

(just messin with you, g)

tom
05-03-2006, 12:45 PM
it never ends? i hope not.
i'll be anxious to read that too.

sonsop
05-03-2006, 01:36 PM
You could always order direct from Paul Crowther. If you're under a time restraint he may be able to accommodate. Great guy to work with.

email him at croth@clear.net.nz

guitarzan
05-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Guitarzan calls this "having a Reducibly Complex Tone Platter." i'm eagerly awaiting his finished thesis on the topic.

(just messin with you, g)

so that's it, huh? a guy takes a few weeks off from posting and all of a sudden you make him the whipping boy? And I was gonna buy you a Hot Cake as a congratulatory gift...

And by "hot cake", I meant a stolen donut.

olectric
05-03-2006, 06:58 PM
And by "hot cake", I meant a stolen donut.

Aw, man. I was hoping for something more like this:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/olectric/cakefire.jpg

olectric
05-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Paul Crowther hooked me up; I'll have one tomorrow. Man, he's fast!

tom
05-04-2006, 11:53 AM
wow! that's fast. hope you like it. what amp are you using these days?

olectric
05-04-2006, 01:46 PM
wow! that's fast. hope you like it. what amp are you using these days?

I've been using that sweet red Groove Tubes combo that I had for sale. It really does have a great clean tone--perfect for pedals. But, a Germino Club 40 showed up on my doorstep today, and the Groove Tubes is going to a new home in KC (sorry, Corey--you'll have to find something else to match your skintight red leather zipper pants :D). I am expecting a lot out of the Germino, but it'll play second fiddle to the Gabriel Voxer, which is also showing up today. A Trutone Customs 212 with two Webers--a Blue Dog and a Silver Bell will show up *hopefully* next week. Just in time for a rehearsal in Nashville!

You'd think I've sold internal organs to pay for all this stuff, but no--just a couple other amps and guitars and an Apple Powerbook.

tom
05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
sounds like you must be independantly wealthy, why do you need a gig?

olectric
05-04-2006, 04:00 PM
sounds like you must be independantly wealthy, why do you need a gig?

Yeah, almost wealthy enough to afford half a month's rent in SoCal! Seriously though, I'm just trying to prepare for Nashville. I think that I have the least amount of stuff possible to cop every kind of sound possible.

tom
05-04-2006, 05:16 PM
that makes sense...but have you heard about the newest version of the ...

olectric
05-04-2006, 06:03 PM
that makes sense...but have you heard about the newest version of the ...

[fingers in ears]

na nanannannanaaanna i can't hear you!

[/fingers in ears]