PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Oklahoma

sonicparke
01-21-2004, 02:49 PM
I've just recently discovered this forum. I'm glad I did. I don't have and anderson yet but I've been looking. We don't have any dealers close so it's tough to play one but I hope to make a trip soon to a dealer. Of course that will mean at least a 4 hour journey one way. But I'm sure it will be worth it.

grandamlam
01-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Greets and welcome. (I'm new myself) I feel lucky I have more options around me for access to TA guitars. The hard part is coming up with the money. ;)

Good luck with your first one. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Dave

sonicparke
01-21-2004, 04:12 PM
I really haven't decided on one yet. Of course I'd like to play one first. I'd also like to look at McInturff's. Don't have those around here either. Unfortunately there's just not a big enough market here for high-end stuff. Which is wierd because cities smaller than Tulsa have the stuff. We do have one dealer of great pedals and amps though. Checkout tonepilot.com. He's a friend and has some great stuff. And he's right here in Tulsa.

Stan Malinowski
01-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Welcome, enjoy the forum!

michaelomiya
01-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by sonicparke
I've just recently discovered this forum. I'm glad I did. I don't have and anderson yet but I've been looking. We don't have any dealers close so it's tough to play one but I hope to make a trip soon to a dealer. Of course that will mean at least a 4 hour journey one way. But I'm sure it will be worth it.

welcome to the Forum! I noticed that you were from OK? Are you a Sooner? If so, we can share our mutual "love" for LSU. I'm an alum from the University of Southern California - the TRUE 2003 National Champion!:D ;)

sonicparke
01-23-2004, 08:57 AM
I didn't go to OU or OSU I ended up at a smaller private school. While I do enjoy football I'm not really a huge fan of any one team (translated...don't make me pick between Oklahoma teams). That being said...If the Sooners are playing I'm alwyas rooting for them. I think they had an incredible season this year and blew it the last two games. What the heck is that? I can't get mad a LSU for winning because it's all OU's fault for losing. I really dont' get mad at teams and games but after that kinda season there was no excuse for the LSU game. So no...I'm not an LSU fan. :D

Casper
01-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Sonic and Grandamlam

Welcome to guitar obsession 101.
I was turned on to Anderson guitars in 1990 because one of my fav players (dawayne Bailey formerly of Chicago) played them.
I didn't get my first one until 1992. It was one of the first Namm droptops (that I would kill to still own). Since them I've owned
8 of Toms guitars. Loved them all, but because of finances I ended up trading or selling them. I now own 2, a droptop and a classic, I also hope to add either a cobra or another floyd equipped classic by years end. Long story short, I have owned many fine examples of Toms work, necks, pickups, colors. If you have any questions, just post away..
Shaun

sonicparke
01-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Seems like you have a lot of experience with Tom's guitars. Can you explain the overall sound differences in a Cobra and a Hollow Cobra? I know that I need to play one to really know what's going on and I will but I thought maybe you could shed some light on it.

Casper
01-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Cobras are one guitar I've not owned...yet.
I HAVE owned hollow droptops and classics though.
Some may disagree, but sonically, I think the hollow bodies tend to add a bit of upper mids and lows and add more sustain overall, not to mention the lighter bodies that you don't notice after a 4 hour gig...
Much depends on wood/neck combinations and pickup choices.
Thats probably why I've owned so many, I was too picky in my younger days.
My classic is solid swamp ash with SDs. Very vintage looking, playing and sounding. My Hollow Droptop with switcheroo system is more modern sounding and versatile, but the .30 over maple neck gives it a vintage feel...the combinations are endless.

sonicparke
01-23-2004, 09:53 AM
I don't even know where to start. Too many choices especially ones I don't really undstand (like all the pickup aoptions and stuff). I just need to spend some time playing a few. Anybody wanna ship me a hollow cobra for a month or so? :D

Casper
01-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Music store in North Carolina called Indoor Storm.
http://indoorstorm.com
Go to the Anderson section. Sometimes they have mpegs of someone playing the guitars, you could hear some different tones and see a pretty wide selection...just to get started
your experience may vary.

John Price
01-24-2004, 10:01 AM
welcome! !!!!!;)