PDA

View Full Version : Crowdster through VOX?

krowder
04-30-2006, 07:10 PM
so i just got my crowdster not too long ago and i am looking for an amp...i know that tom suggests a fishman loudbox for it but i was wondering if there were any other good options? i was looking at the vox ac15...what do you guys think?

tom
04-30-2006, 10:51 PM
not if you're looking authentic acoustic tones. you need a full range system to do that. anything with just 12" speakers will not do acoustic sounds.

krowder
05-01-2006, 06:49 PM
alright fishman it is! haha thanks tom!

tom
05-01-2006, 07:12 PM
most run straight into the house for sound and get a monitor feed. the other thing that can work nicely is an eon style powered monitor.

westex
05-02-2006, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=krowder]so i just got my crowdster not too long ago and i am looking for an amp...i know that tom suggests a fishman loudbox for it but i was wondering if there were any other good options? i was looking at the vox ac15...what do you guys think?[/QUOTE

There is an amp that was made for amplifying both acoustic AND electric guitars, and has been rated very highly: The Rivera Sedona. Anybody ever tried one with the Crowdster + ? Be willing to bet this would be a killer set up. Here is a blurb from a a dealer:

Rivera Sedona 55 Electric/Acoustic 1x12 Combo Guitar Amp $2099.00
BRAND NEW! A lot of amps claim to be able to ''do it all,'' but here's the first one that can actually back that claim up! The new Rivera Sedona 55 is the world's first all-tube electric AND acoustic amplifier! Designed in collaboration with fingerpicking legend Doyle Dykes, the Sedona's output comes from two EL34 tubes pumping 55 watts into a special-design 12'' JBL speaker and high-power dome tweeter. The Sedona features two completely independent preamp channels, each for a specific type of instrument. Channel 1 produces the best electric tones, both clean and distorted, whilst Channel 2 is tailored for acoustic instruments. (Dome tweeter is active only when Channel 2 is engaged.) Other essential features include an anti-feedback filter, tube-powered direct box output, active effects loop with level controls, separate tweeter and full-range speaker output jacks

Cheers

Wes

krowder
05-02-2006, 09:06 AM
yeah....i just wanted something nice at home to play with for my crowdster.....do you recommend any good EQ's? i was looking at the mama bear or the pendulum when i play through my churches PA (which is the worst PA in the world)

hmm anyone try the rivera?

tom
05-02-2006, 10:27 AM
i don't believe the rivera can do both channels at once? i heard it when it first came out and i did really like the acoustic side, but it's as heavy as a twin :eek:

westex
05-02-2006, 10:45 AM
i don't believe the rivera can do both channels at once? i heard it when it first came out and i did really like the acoustic side, but it's as heavy as a twin :eek:

No, I don't believe the Sedona can do both channels at once; I may be showing my ignorance here about how the Crowdster plus works; is it a one output only or is/can the acoustic/magnetic side be split? There is a Sedona lite model that Rivera makes.

Wes

tom
05-02-2006, 12:14 PM
the plus can be run in stereo or mono(that's what the little subteranian push button is for). the selecter switch on the guitar is elec-both-acoustic.

westex
05-02-2006, 04:08 PM

Actually from the Rivera website, the Sedona Lite model can run both channels at once, and it was designed for Doyle Dykes to get under airline weight regs. Just FYI (by the way I don't work for nor am I endorsed by Rivera :D ) I have played through a full size Sedona and it sounded darn good.

http://www.rivera.com/sedona.php
http://www.rivera.com/sed-lite.php

Cheers
Wes