PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Swag

Brad Scott
01-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Besides t-shirts and straps, are there any other Anderson paraphernalia available; hats, mugs, etc?

Could really go for a low profile, unconstructed pigment-dyed hat with that familiar "A" on it!

pluto
01-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Check out this post:
http://andersonforum.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=251

Brad Scott
01-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Geez, I don't know how I missed that post; thanks for the reference, Pluto. Sounds like the issue is already being addressed, and maybe we'll see something soon. Cool!

pluto
01-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Your welcome. I hope we see more stuff too-at least some tank tops for the Hawaiians! Some people actually were requesting jackets! Jackets????? Who wears a jacket??

Brad Scott
01-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by pluto
Jackets????? Who wears a jacket??
Me!

It's 18 degrees right now — yikes!

Stys
01-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Swag is great but I felt the need to go one step further. I got the 'A' tattoed on my left arm - although, not many can see the tat right now because it's too cold here in Michigan.

Casper
01-23-2004, 09:04 AM
Stys, I thought I was hard core!!!??
Dude, you got an "A" tattoo?!
I was thinking of having the A airbrushed into my bumper (of my car that is) My license plate is "GUITRST" I think people would get the message..
rock on homey!
Shaun

Stys
01-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Yeah, my wife thinks I'm nuts. The Mesa armadillo adornes my right arm. Normally I'm a conservative person but there's something special about ink, the Anderson 'A' and Mesa.

pluto
01-23-2004, 08:53 PM
You guys are hardcore. The only thing I do is own about 7 Anderson t-shirts that I wear quite a bit. Funny thing is that nobody has ever asked me, "Anderson Guitarworks" when I wear those shirts. On the other hand, there has been more than a couple of people who've asked what's "Bogner" or "Uberschall" when I wear those t-shirts.

jimmieb
01-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Stys
Yeah, my wife thinks I'm nuts. The Mesa armadillo adornes my right arm. Normally I'm a conservative person but there's something special about ink, the Anderson 'A' and Mesa.

I thought I was dedicated to the 'A' and 'Mesa'. You totally and completely rock!!! Your committment to the Anderson and Boogie
way of life is admirable, I salute you... By the way, that kind of dedication will always be misunderstood, just hang in there and know you have choosen the path less traveled. Still know it's the true and right way! Your wife will someday understand. Which of the Anderson and Boogie products do you pay homage to? With the 'Scatchy the Armadillo' tat you must be a Recto guy, Right?
Or as Roy would say "Maybe".

JImmie B

jimmieb
01-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Brad Scott
Besides t-shirts and straps, are there any other Anderson paraphernalia available; hats, mugs, etc?

Could really go for a low profile, unconstructed pigment-dyed hat with that familiar "A" on it!

Dear Friends,

At the Namm Show I had a conversation with a well known Anderson fan (Maybe). We agreed an Anderson patch that could be sown into various clothing or hats would make everyone happy. You could but it on your favorite jacket, shirt, sock cap, or
beret. Maybe match with your favorite amplifier patch like boogie.

Jimmie B

Stys
01-24-2004, 09:23 AM
As I've indicated in prior posts, I use a Boogie MKIV and the new F-30. Both through a standard Recto Cabinet. Years ago I used a Dual Recto Solo Head. I'm dreaming of a Lonestar. I also use a Top Hat Club Royale 2 x12.

For guitars - Anderson Classics w/VA's are my favorite. I also use a 'T' Classic, a Drop Top 'T'. There is something magical about Anderson Classic's equipped with VA's. A Crowdster will soon join my fleet.

My wife has warmed to the tats. She understands the loyalty but has asked if I can get a tattoo with the birthdates of my children. Although, I wonder if I can sneak in the born on date of my 'T' Classic?

jimmieb
01-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Stys,

Very cool rig, I love the tone of the F-30 just the right wattage.
So many sutble break up tones. I had a Mark IV in a stereo rig
with a Simul-Satellite. The clean tones were amazing. I was never satisfied with the crunch tones. I'd get the lead channel set and couldn't quite get the crunch right. The amp was complicated (for me) and I found myself working to hard for good tones. Anyway I bought a Tremoverb and ran it wetcab/drycab with a 2:90. Now
I'm using a Triaxis with the 2:90 and 2- 2x12 Rectocabs. I have to say amen to that Lonestar what an unbelievable tone, it is amazing. After my Cobra's done I'll either get a Crowdster or a Lonestar, the 2x12 combo.

Jimmie B

Stys
01-24-2004, 08:31 PM
The MKIV does take some time to get your tone happening. I've noticed the bottom end is flabby compared to the Recto amps. However, the lead tones are great along with the clean tones.

The F-30 head through a 1x12 Recto cabinet sounds amazing. Those little EL-84 tubes are wonderful. I like the F-30 much better than my old Subway Rocket.

When I was playing out, I used a VHT 50CL full stack. That was an insane rig but for some reason, my Anderson's sounded clearer and more natural through the Boogies.