PDA

View Full Version : Hollow T Pup's for next TAG

picnic
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
So I have had my TA Classic for 2 months and now I thinking about #2. My TA Classic is swamp ash loaded with SA1,SA1R, SA2+. I am narrowing my search down to a swamp ash Hollow T. Three pup's, vintage voicing, mini toggle, push pull tone control. A TV1, VA12,TV3 is something I think may be what I'm looking for. The new Hollow T should compliment the tones from my Classic and cover most of the bases in rock, country, alt country and blues.

Any feedback from the forum would be greatly appreciated. TA's in my area can be found but I don't have enough time to drive to stores. I'm looking for some advice here and thank you for it. I'm open to suggestions too. Two TA's in my electric collection would be enough for now.

Just to add, Jack at Magdon was a great help today with his insight. That guy knows his TA's.

Picnic

Stys
04-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Although I have solid Classics 'T's with TV's, I can say that these p/u's are spanky and also work well for rock tele tones. Hum isn't all that bad - quiter than other single coils in other guitars.

olectric
04-17-2006, 07:28 PM
I have a Hollow T Classic (see my sig.) with M1-/TM2. I love both of these pickups, but I'm in the process of switching the TM2 to a TV3. The TM2 just isn't spanky enough. Can't say enough good things about the M1- though. It sounds much closer to a true single coil than the M1. GREAT pickup.

I'll let you know how the bridge pup swap goes.

GaryMcT
04-17-2006, 08:19 PM
I concur on the M1-. I like it MUCH better than the M1.

picnic
04-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I was looking for some opinions on the TD1 and TD3 in a Hollow T versus TV1 and TV3. I am looking for spanky tones with some grit. There is a SA1 in the middle of the TD's on the Hollow T I am looking at. I found TV sound clips, but no clips for TD's
Thanks for your thoughts.