PDA

View Full Version : New Crowdster Plus

marsodude
04-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Well, the UPS dude finally arrived with my new Crowdster Plus about 4 pm. My wife watched me while I unpacked it and took a bunch of pics. I get them up after a bit, after my fingers loose the numbness from playing!

Keith at Gelb in Redwood City, CA was really great to work with and answered all of my questions!

The Plus is AWESOME. The craftsmanship is fantastic with attention given to the smallest details, but everyone here knows that, right!

It came from California to Florida and was just about in perfect tune. The intonation is GREAT! The pickups are so responsive and I really like the tone of the acoustic side. It even sounds great unplugged!

Tomorrow I am going to plug it in the board at church and play it thru the mains! I am like a kid in a candy store!

Thanks Tom, for making such a beautiful instrument!

One happy dude!

marso

GaryMcT
04-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Please please tell us more about the electric side! :)

tom
04-14-2006, 09:08 PM
a recomended place to start with the eq is everything flat on the guitar. if the system is good, set the eq flat and if there is a high pass on the board set it about 120-150 htz if you're playing with a band. if you're all by yourself you may want to leave the bass in for fullness. with a band it can muddy up things.

tom
04-14-2006, 09:09 PM
oh, if you're just going to use the acoustic part, the easiest way to hook up is with a mono chord and the stereo/mono button pushed in, and the selecter switch up to acoustic.
enjoy.

enr1co
04-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Marso,

Congrats on the Crowdster plus! The natural honey burst quilt of yours looks as nice as the one that Tom had debuted at NAMM.

I saw that one at Gelb as it just arrived with that Walnut Atom.

Looks like both of them found good homes quickly.

e

marsodude
04-14-2006, 10:06 PM
THANKS DUDES!

Now let's talk about that stereo cord. Do I need a stereo Y coming out of the guitar to the A/B box or what?

I am going to plug into a big ole Vox and the board. I have the AB box and a Blues Driver pedal. I have been playing it not stop for 4 hours!

This thing sounds GREAT unplugged!

I guess I need some more coaching on the Electric side. I have been playing thru my sons small Peavey. I have some OD but...

marsodude
04-14-2006, 10:13 PM
You can see pics of the plus at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=31607514.

I will get some music up soon!

Suriel Zayas
04-14-2006, 11:38 PM
marso....congrats, congrats, congrats. if the sound guys at your church are anything like the sound guys i work with they will flip. at my church we have a line array and let me tell you, it loves my crowdster. heck! it loves all my andersons.

marsodude
04-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Thank you Suriel, I am truly blessed to have such a great instrument!

krowder
04-21-2006, 01:10 PM
wooh! lets get some sound clips! =) congrats on a beautiful guitar!

Guitarded
04-23-2006, 03:39 PM
hey bob... congrats on the crowdster plus... beautiful instrument!!
does this mean the 414ce is on the block?

marsodude
04-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Yep! 414CE is on the block!

marsodude
04-23-2006, 08:19 PM
The Crowdster Plus is AWESOME. I just got back from playing Friday night, Saturday morning and Sunday morning. We had a retreat at church and of course Sunday morning service. My fingers are numb. I kept it simple. One side straight to the house PA and the other side thru a Boss Blues Driver pedal thru a Behringer AXC1000 to the board. I still can't get over the way it sounds. NO feedback, action is fantastic and this whole tuning thing is unreal! I did tune up on stage this morning and hit a G chord and broke the G string. I have literally broken dozens of Elixir G strings over the past couple of years. The split shaft tuners suprised me. I put a new string on and it clipped off the excess automatically!

Tom, YOU ROCK!

tom
04-23-2006, 08:45 PM
glad it's working so well for you. don't understand the tuner thing. normally you cut the string 3 tuners past where it's going. that should give you 3 wraps around the post.

marsodude
04-23-2006, 09:02 PM
duh, guess I should have read the directions on the website!